Viewing 'The Nuggets' on the water’s surface gives a unique perspective of the dramatic coastline only achievable by kayak as well as allowing a closer interaction with the endangered and rare wildlife that call this area home.
What You'll Get
Our small group tours give you the opportunity to view the remote Catlins Coast. With over twenty years’ experience in these waters our guide will show you a coastline rich in wildlife and history. On your journey to the famous nugget shaped rocks you’ll observe not only diverse and dramatic scenery but unique wildlife that call this place home: the albatross, including the royal; the World’s rarest sea lion and smallest penguin; the Catlins largest colonies of fur seal and cormorant; and perchance the elephant seal, dolphin, or yellow-eyed penguin, thought to soon be extinct from mainland NZ. Our tours depart daily with no prior kayaking experience necessary. We provide you with everything you need.
• Nugget Point Lighthouse, The Nuggets Rd, Ahuriri Flat 9271 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- All equipment provided, including spray skirt and paddle jacket
- Bottled water
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Catlins Kayak and Adventure in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.