See the magical Hobbiton Movie Set, famous from The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies on a fully guided, fun and informative tour. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern, comfortable mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing guides who are passionate about New Zealand and the attractions/activities you are visiting, who always have a lot of stories, facts and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it’s not all about the destination… it’s the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
One day tour from Auckland return, to the world-famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set in the heart of Middle Earth.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12-seater mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside (the most extensive farming area in the world) on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south, encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
After the drive you will arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest (the entrance to Hobbiton) where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next, we board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on a two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. (Your entry ticket into Hobbiton is included in our tour unless you select the "Transport Only, No Ticket" option. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn.
After the tour you will be guided back through the Alexander Family Sheep Farm for another stop at Shire's Rest for a spot of souvenir shopping and maybe a bite to eat before we begin our journey back to Auckland.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry ticket and fully guided tour - Hobbiton Movie Set (If option with ticket included selected)
- Fully guided tour in a modern, comfortable minibus
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hobbiton Entry & Tour Ticket (if transport only option selected)
Same as pick up location unless agreed.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.