See the magical Hobbiton Movie Set, famous from The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies on a fully guided, fun and informative tour. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern, comfortable mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing guides who are passionate about New Zealand and the attractions/activities you are visiting, who always have a lot of stories, facts and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
Pass By: Waikato Region, Waikato Region, North Island
Be driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to your next attraction. During the trip you will encounter stunning scenery, might rivers, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on a two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Karapiro, Karapiro, Waikato Region, North Island
This stunning lake is home to one of New Zealand’s first hydro dams and where some of New Zealand’s great rowers come from. With viewpoints that have amazing views across the lake and countryside we believe it a great place for a quick break and some photos.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Taupiri, Taupiri, Waikato Region, North Island
Driving through more amazing countryside we pass many sites of cultural significance including local Maori burial sites, cultural totem pole, important/ mighty rivers and many more animals.
Pass By: Huntly, Huntly, Waikato Region, North Island
Huntly sitting in the banks of our largest and most important river is now a quiet town but once famous for mining. It's claim to fame these days is New Zealand's large thermal power station that is capable of producing 30% of the country’s electricity needs.
Stop At: Pokeno, Pokeno, North Island
Time dependent we stop to enjoy a New Zealand Tip Top Ice Cream (local favourite) you will require cash for the Ice Cream shop if you would like one.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry ticket and fully guided tour - Hobbiton Movie Set (If option with ticket included selected)
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hobbiton Entry & Tour Ticket (if transport only option selected)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.