The ultimate small group Poor Knights Day trip from Auckland for a perfect day out on the water exploring the amazing World Heritage site. Lunch, snorkeling and kayaking equipment supplied and included in the tour price. Optional scuba dive upgrade available. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. We have amazing, passionate guides who always have a lot of stories to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination… it's the journeys too, that make our tours special.
What You'll Get
The ultimate small group Poor Knights Day trip from Auckland for a perfect day out on the water exploring the amazing World Heritage site. Lunch, snorkeling and kayaking equipment supplied and included in the tour price. Optional scuba dive upgrade available.
Jacques Cousteau named this little bit of paradise one of the top diving and snorkelling spots in the world. With some of the world's best snorkelling, breath-taking scenery, an abundance of marine mammals, the world's largest sea cave plus many other caves, sea birds everywhere, unique flora, rock history, great food, kayaking and relaxing on the large comfortable launch, this marine reserve trip cannot be beaten.
Head out 23 km on an open ocean trip to the Poor Knights islands encountering any number of marine life on the way. Once at the island there are many hidden harbours to choose from, so you will always be sheltered and comfortable. Your hosts will take you on a tour to show you the splendour of these islands including a visit right inside the world’s largest sea cave. After the tour you can enjoy snorkelling or kayaking, and a sumptuous buffet lunch onboard the boat, before heading back to shore, and Auckland.
• Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve, Whangarei New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Use of Kayaking equipment
- Boat Cruise from Tutukaka on board 'A Perfect Day'
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Scuba dive upgrade (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
Auckland hotel pick up times:
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only, starting up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up and tour. No refunds given for no show passengers.
20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Hotel Auckland.
15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, SO/ Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, Waldorf Stadium Apartments.
10 minutes before tour start time
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland, Ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
5 minutes before tour start time
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SKYCITY Hotel, SKYCITY Grand Hotel.
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Auckland City Hotel, Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Kiwi International Hotel, Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, YHA Auckland City, VR Hotel.
Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
All Auckland Central (CBD) locations.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.