One day, fully guided small group tour from Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook (New Zealand's tallest mountain). See Aoraki/Mt Cook Village, Kawarau Gorge, Lindis Pass, the Southern Alps, Lake Pukaki, the Hermitage and High Country Salmon. Then add on your optional activities at Mt Cook Village (additional cost). Our tours are run in small groups with a maximum of 11 people, in specially built, modern mini buses. On board we have amazing guides who always have a lot of stories to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
New Zealand's tourism hub. See and learn about some of the main sites as you leave town for your tour.
Pass By: Kawarau Suspension Bridge, Kawarau Bridge, Gibbston New Zealand
We then make our way through the stunning Kawarau gorge with stunning view and passing the Kawarau Suspension Bridge.
Stop At: Lindis Pass, Omarama New Zealand
Pass through Lindis Pass, one of only three alpine roads through the otherwise impassable Southern Alps we stop at the famous lookout.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Omarama Sheep Statue, State Highway 8 and Chains Hill Highway, Omarama New Zealand
Stopping at the quaint township of Omarama, where you'll have the option to taste the best creamy chicken pie in NZ (in our opinion)! or just grab a coffee and have a break.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Pukaki, New Zealand
Our next stop is Lake Pukaki, one of the bluest lakes you will ever see, framed by the backdrop of Aoraki/Mt Cook and the Southern Alps. We will also see the location of several scenes from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
At 3724m, Aoraki/Mt Cook is New Zealand’s highest peak, however, the mountain can be viewed without any acclimatisation whatsoever from nearby Aoraki/Mt Cook village which is just 750m above sea level.
Stop At: Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre, 89 Terrace Road, Mt. Cook Village, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu) 7946 New Zealand
Arriving at the alpine village of Aoraki/Mt Cook and The Hermitage (home of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre) you then have 4 hours to explore many of the village’s popular activities and attractions Including:
Local walks & hikes
Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: High Country Salmon, State Highway 8, Twizel 7944 New Zealand
At the end of the day we farewell Aoraki/Mt Cook Village and make our way back to Queenstown. On the way, we stop in at High Country Salmon, a local salmon farm, where you can feed the fish and taste some of the freshest salmon in New Zealand, selecting from the farm’s fresh salmon-based menu.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mrs Jones Fruit Orchard, 489 Kawarau Gorge Road, Cromwell 9384 New Zealand
On the way back to Queenstown a stop at Mrs Jones is a must to try the delicious local fruit.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Fully guided small group return tour from Queenstown (maximum 11 passengers)
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specified hotels and points only)
- Aoraki/Mt Cook Village Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (unless otherwise specified)
- Optional activities at Mt Cook - please select the tour option you want, to include in tour price
- Entry/Admission - Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
The Station Building Duke Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pick Up Points & Times:
Please be ready waiting in your hotel lobby or at the pick up point at least 10 minutes prior to your pick up time below. If your hotel is not listed below, please contact us in advance to be picked up from your nearest location in the list below.
6:30am - Heritage Hotel, Mercure Hotel
6:35am - Crowne Plaza, Hotel St Moritz, Rydges Lakeland Resort
6:40am - Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, Base Backpackers, YHA Central, Nomads Backpackers
6:40am - Queenstown Central Pick Up Point (47-49 Shotover Street, Queenstown)
6:45am - Scenic Hotel, Copthorne Hotel, Heartland Hotel, Millennium Hotel, Rees Hotel
7.00am – 7:10am - Frankton Bus Station (near Queenstown airport)
7:05am - 7:15am - Hilton Hotel & Resort
7:30am - Cromwell I-Site, 2 The Mall, Cromwell
- Frankton Bus Terminal
- Queenstown Central - Shotover Building
- Cromwell iSite - 2 The Mall, Cromwell
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.