One day tour that has something for everyone! Fully guided tour to Wanaka, plus your choice of optional activities including: Wine and food experience, Jet Boating, Gold Panning, Puzzling World, Warbirds & Wheels, Crossfire and more. Our tours are run in small groups with a maximum of 11 people, in modern minibuses, specially built to enhance your tour experience. On board we have amazing, passionate guides who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Cardrona, 2125 Cardrona Valley Road Cardrona, Wanaka 9382 New Zealand
One day, fully guided tour from Queenstown to Wanaka where you will be picked up from selected Queenstown hotels in our comfortable 12-seater minibus to begin your journey across one of the most stunning landscapes in New Zealand. The adventure & sightseeing begin the moment we exit the city and begin to wind up the Crown Range, offering amazing views, wildlife viewings and photo opportunities along the stunningly beautiful drive to Wanaka.
A ‘must do’ stop and photo opportunity during the drive is the famous Cardrona Pub, where we will stop for an optional drink and a break while we take in the breath-taking natural scenery surrounding us.
We then continue our journey to the picturesque lakeside town of Wanaka enjoying a fully guided tour of the town, showing you all the ‘must see’ sights and explaining the areas rich history.
You then have the choice of your first optional activity or attraction for the day, where we will drop you off and pick you up at the beginning and end of each activity.
Stop One Optional activities Include:
1: Free time to relax, explore the lake and town
2: Puzzling World (Family Fun) $22.50 per person
3: Warbirds & Wheels Museum $20 per person
4: Crossfire Fun Park - Big Shot Combo $85 per person or Explore Farm Tour $80 per person
After our first activity stop we head back into central Wanaka for lunch, where we have many favourite restaurants to recommend to you.
Next we make our way to our second activity stop of the day. As we leave Wanaka we travel through rich wine country, past Lake Dunstan and through the historic area of Kawarau Gorge (famous for gold mining). We cross a daunting bridge far above the wild and roaring Kawarau River below – an exhilarating experience!
We then arrive at Goldfields and Wild Earth where you will choose your second optional activity for the day.
Stop 2 Activity Options Include:
1: Food and wine tasting experience at our favourite vineyard Wild Earth $50 Per Person (2 people minimum)
2: An exciting Jet boat ride up the wild Kawarau River $115 per person
3: Try your hand at panning for gold (family fun) $25 per person
4: Relax, explore and enjoy the history of the area
Finally, it’s time to start heading back to Queenstown, but not before a few stops, including the famous Kawarau Suspension Bridge (home of bungy jumping) for some more great photos.
Choose Cheeky Kiwi for an enjoyable, informative, and above all, unforgettable experience. Our tours are never just about the destination; the journey matters too, and this is one journey you won’t want to miss!
Pre-booking of optional activities vital! Please choose during the tour booking process.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Lake Wanaka, Wanaka 9343 New Zealand
Arriving at the picturesque lakeside town of Wanaka enjoying a fully guided tour of the town, showing you all the ‘must see’ sights and explaining the areas rich history.
Pass By: Crown Range Road, New Zealand
The adventure & sightseeing begin the moment we exit the city and begin to wind up the Crown Range, offering amazing views, wildlife viewings and photo opportunities along the stunningly beautiful drive to Wanaka.
Pass By: Kawarau Suspension Bridge, Kawarau Bridge, Gibbston New Zealand
Travel through the historic area of Kawarau Gorge (famous for gold mining). We cross a daunting bridge far above the wild and roaring Kawarau River below.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Fully guided small group return tour from Queenstown (maximum 11 passengers)
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specified hotels and points only)
- Regional Highlights Tour including Lake Wanaka, the Crown Range, the famous Cardrona Pub, Shotover River and Bridge and Kawarau Gorge and Suspension Bridge
- Wanaka Township Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable 7 or 11 seater minibuses
- Bottled water
- Lunch (available to purchase)
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up points and times:
6:45am - Heritage Hotel, Mercure Hotel
6:50am - Crowne Plaza, Hotel St Moritz, Rydges Lakeland Resort
6:55am - Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, Base Backpackers, YHA Central, Nomads Backpackers
6:55am - Queenstown Central Pick Up Point (47-49 Shotover Street, Queenstown)
7:00am - Scenic Hotel, Copthorne Hotel, Heartland Hotel, Millennium Hotel, Rees Hotel
7.15am – 7:25am - Frankton Bus Station (near Queenstown airport)
7:20am - 7:30am - Hilton Hotel & Resort
Queenstown Central - 47-49 Shotover Street
Your pickup location or central Queenstown
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.