Visit two of the North Islands most popular attractions in one day - Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Te Puia Geothermal Park and Maori Village in Rotorua, and combine some of the best New Zealand nature has to offer with fascinating Maori culture. All our tours are run in small groups in modern, comfortable mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. We have amazing guides who are passionate about New Zealand, and who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging ports and even Wifi access in our vehicles. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
One day tour from Auckland to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua and the beautiful Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our modern, comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside on a fully guided journey to Waitomo Caves. During the journey to Waitomo you will encounter New Zealand's longest river, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
Once in Waitomo you will explore the ancient and amazing caves with many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and Lime Columns before descending even further underground for your Glowworm experience. Board your Glowworm boat for a cruise on the grotto river with thousands of Glowworms above you. Unique for New Zealand for over 120 years, Waitomo Glowworm Caves are a ‘must see’ for any traveller.
We continue our adventure with another fully guided journey south to Rotorua with many more attractions to see along the way, including hydro dams, rivers and more animals. Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. From here we head to one of the most famous attractions in New Zealand, Te Puia Geothermal Park. Once inside the park we stop for lunch and we highly recommend trying the traditional Maori Hangi meal.
After lunch we set off for a fully guided tour around this amazing park to see it's geothermal and cultural wonders. You will see Pōhutu Geyser, Maori Architecture, the Maori craft school, geothermal craters, geothermal vents and even the chance to view a kiwi bird in the kiwi viewing house.
Finally, our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
See beautiful Lake Rotorua as part of your Rotorua City Highlights Tour.
Pass By: Rotorua Museum, Oruawhata Drive Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
See Rotorua Museum as part of your Rotorua City Highlights Tour.
Pass By: Blue Baths, Government Gardens 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
See the stunning art deco architecture of Rotorua's Blue Baths as part of your Rotorua City Highlights Tour.
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Entry and a fully guided tour around Te Puia Geothermal Park and the Maori Arts and Crafts School is included in the cost of your tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately and wear comfortable footwear.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Pohutu Geyser
- Te Puia Maori Village & Arts & Crafts School
- Kiwi Bird House
- Waitomo Caves Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibuses
- Add Maori Hangi Buffet Lunch for $35 per person (additional cost)
- Add Te Puia Maori Cultural Show for $25 per person (additional cost)
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria Park
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/Auckland
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA Hostel
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City Backpackers
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.