Experience the world-famous geothermal wonders of Wai-O-Tapu (rated one of the most surreal places on earth) plus the stunning city of Rotorua and its famous sights, all in one day. Our tours are run in small groups with a maximum of 11 people, in modern minibuses, specially built to enhance your tour experience. On board we have amazing guides who are passionate about New Zealand and the attractions you are visiting, and who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles bring the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tirau i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, State Highway 1, Tirau 3410 New Zealand
One day tour from Auckland to the famous and magical geothermal wonders of Rotorua including Wai-O-Tapu geothermal park.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12-seater mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Rotorua. During the trip south you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals. We will also pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade.
Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa before heading to Eat Street for lunch.
After lunch our journey continues to Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland which is considered one of the most surreal places on earth. Here you will see Champagne lake, Devil's bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders.
Finally, our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland or you can choose to be dropped off in Rotorua instead.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
See beautiful Lake Rotorua as part of your Rotorua City Highlights Tour.
Pass By: Rotorua Museum, Oruawhata Drive Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
See Rotorua Museum as part of your Rotorua City Highlights Tour.
Pass By: Blue Baths, Government Gardens 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
See the stunning art deco architecture of the Blue Baths as part of your Rotorua City Highlights Tour.
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland is considered one of the most surreal places on earth. Here you will see Champagne lake, Devil's bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- • Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and weather appropriate clothing.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland (maximum 11 passengers)
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibuses
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria Park
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/Auckland
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA Hostel
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City Backpackers
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.
Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive), Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Auckland Central (CBD) locations or Rotorua Central locations.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.