One day tour of the geothermal wonderland and adventure playground of Rotorua (North Island’s top tourist destination). This tour shows you the top sights of Rotorua, plus gives you the flexibility to add the some of the famous attractions/ activities if you choose (additional cost), or have some free time to explore on your own. Activities you can purchase include: Te Puia, Wai-O-Tapu, Polynesian Spa or the Skyline Gondola and more. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern minibuses, specially built to enhance your tour experience. We have amazing guides who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging ports and Wifi access in all vehicles. We are proud that our customer reviews show it’s not all about the destination… it’s the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Full Day tour of the geothermal wonderland and adventures playground of Rotorua where you can choose the activities you want to visit or do.
On this tour you will be picked up from your accommodation in our modern mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Rotorua. During the trip south you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
We will also pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade. Once in Rotorua we will do a guided tour of the city past its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa.
From here on in, your tour becomes very flexible and you can choose up to two of Rotorua's most famous attractions or activities. Maybe head to the famous geothermal park and Maori cultural village of Te Puia, bathe in the geothermal waters of the Polynesian Spa, experience some farm culture at the Agrodome Sheep Show, or have an adventure thrill at Skyline! Or you can simply choose to explore the city at your own pace.
Extra options to add: (choose up to two; added during the booking process)
1. Te Puia Geothermal Park entrance including tour & cultural show
2. Polynesian Spa entrance including Deluxe Lake Spa Package
3. Skyline entrance including gondola ride
4. Wai-O-Tapu Wonderland entrance including Champagne Pool, Artists Pallet, Devils Bath and geothermal wonders
5. Agrodome entrance including sheep and dog show
6. Te Puia Geothermal Park entrance only
After the tour our friendly staff will drive you back to your hotel or you can be dropped in Rotorua.
Pass By: Blue Baths, Government Gardens 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
The Blue Baths is a stunning Art Deco Heritage Building, which opened in 1933. The Blue Baths heritage bathhouse overlooks Rotorua Government Gardens and has thermally heated hot pools open to the public for bathing daily.
Pass By: Rotorua Museum, Oruawhata Drive Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
Discover Rotorua's rich culture, volatile landscape and legendary figures in this 'must see' local museum and art gallery. The museum is great place to discover New Zealand's heritage and traditional Māori culture.
Pass By: Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
The Government Gardens at Rotorua have been developed since 1881 - an ambitious undertaking that transformed a scrub covered geothermal area into an oasis of Edwardian charm. The gardens were also treated like a botanic garden in the early days, a place to educate visitors about plants, particularly native species. Some fine old trees survive from that early date, notably some multi-trunked Japanese firs and an unusual weeping Californian redwood.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Transport in modern minibuses
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Attraction & Activity entrance fees (additional cost)
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only, starting up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Hotel Auckland.
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, SO/ Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, Waldorf Stadium Apartments.
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland, Ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, Skycity hotel, Skycity Grand Hotel.
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Auckland City Hotel, Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Kiwi International Hotel, Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, YHA Auckland City, VR Hotel.
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.
Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive), Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Same as pick up location unless agreed.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.