Experience the world-famous Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set plus the geothermal and Maori cultural wonders of Te Puia all in one day. This unforgettable combo tour takes you to two of the top tourist attractions in the North Island. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing guides who are passionate about the attractions you are visiting, who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops,complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
Pass By: Waikato Region, Waikato Region, North Island
Be driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to your next attraction. During the trip you will encounter stunning scenery, might rivers, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on a two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Tirau, Tirau, Waikato Region, North Island
Famously dubbed the 'Corrugated Capital of the World' because of the many unique Corrugated Iron sculptures and building this town never fails to get a look and a laugh. Our guides will point out all the main highlights on the way through.
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Receive a fully guided tour around this amazing geothermal & Maori cultural park. Experience the geothermal and cultural wonders including: Pōhutu Geyser, Māori Architecture, The National Māori Arts School, geothermal craters, geothermal events and even the chance to view a Kiwi bird in the Kiwi viewing house.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
Government Gardens is home to the architectural wonder of Rotorua Museum, beautiful rose gardens, The Blue Baths, Rachael Spring and public recreational areas. This area is a favourite of tourists and locals alike. As part of the City Highlights portion of your tour you will be taken through the Government Gardens while our guide points out the top attractions.
Pass By: Blue Baths, Government Gardens 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Pass the historical Blue Baths and Racheal Spring as part of the city highly portion of your tour. The Blue Baths was one of New Zealand’s first commercial geothermal baths feed to this day by the boiling waters of the Racheal Spring.
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Meaning lake number two in Maori Lake Rotorua is not an ordinary lake but in fact a Caldera (volcanic crater) that still has signs of geothermal activity in many parts making it a very popular attraction. During your city highlights portion of you tour the guide will show you the best spots at the lake and explain some of its stories.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Pokeno, Pokeno, North Island
Time dependent we stop to enjoy a New Zealand Tip Top Ice Cream (local favourite) you will require cash for the Ice Cream shop if you would like one.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Alexander Family Sheep Farm & Shire's Rest
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry fee & fully guided tour - Te Puia Geothermal & Maori Cultural Park
- Entry ticket and fully guided tour - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria Park
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/Auckland
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA Hostel
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City Backpackers
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20-30 minutes after the tour start time.
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cheeky Kiwi Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.