Fly over the city and explore Christchurch from new heights. See the progress of the massive rebuild and the abandoned suburbs from the 2010/2011 earthquakes. Swoop over Godley Heads and then up to Port Levy, the biggest Maori settlement in the Canterbury region during the 19th century. Then touch down next to Mt Herbert and enjoy breathtaking views of Lyttelton Harbour, originally formed by volcanoes six million years ago.Our pilots will personalise this experience for you by sharing their local knowledge and insights of our big backyard as you fly over remarkable sights and landmarks, including; Lancaster Park, Sumner Cliffs, Quail Island, Stone Well and more.We have plenty to share with you and can’t wait for you to experience it.
What You'll Get
When you arrive at our base, there will be complimentary parking onsite available.
Before taking flight, you will fill out our flight manifest and watch a safety-briefing video in our waiting room. Your pilot will let you know when we are ready to go and will take you out to the helicopter.
Departing from our base in Christchurch we will head over Christchurch City where we will explore the suburbs and the rebuild of the city. From here we will fly over Sumner Cliffs, Taylors Mistake and Lyttelton Harbour, exploring the beaches and Quail Island. If the weather permits, we will make a short landing on Mt. Herbert where you will have the opportunity to stretch your legs and see the amazing 360 degrees views from the top. When we are ready to leave, we will fly over the top of Adventure Park and Worsleys Track where you will see the affects from the 2017 Port Hill Fires. Our pilots will personalise this experience for you by sharing their local knowledge and insights of our big backyard as you fly over remarkable sights and landmarks.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers.
- The pilot must be notified for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Local taxes
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- We can help to arrange pick ups and drop offs.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Christchurch Helicopters 2001 Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.