Paddle your 100% glass canoe over stunningly clear waters where you'll see a variety of fish swimming just below your Clearyak at Goat Island Marine Reserve, a popular tourist destination in New Zealand.
What You'll Get
Goat Island is New Zealand’s oldest marine reserve protected from fishing and how the ocean 'used-to-be'. You will embark on an intimate experience viewing marine life up-close in their natural habitat gently paddling the reserve by Clearyak a 100% clear kayak. You are likely to view fish such as snapper, parore, red moki, blue maomao, eagle ray and stingray.
• You will be fully assisted into your kayak - think concierge kayaking!
• Slowly paddle the marine reserve to take in all the marine life beneath you (self-guided, maximum 100 metres from shore, no need to go far)
• Clearyak team member will be out on a paddle-board if you have any questions about the reef & marine life.
• Two person kayaks
• No kayak experience required
• One person in each kayak must be able to swim 20+ metres without buoyancy aid & have moderate level of fitness
• Minimum age 3 yrs
• Children under 12 yrs must be accompanied by an adult
• Weight limit 100kg per person (or 200kg total per Clearyak)
• Perfect for kids & anyone who doesn't want to get in the sea
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No previous kayak experience is required
- One person in each kayak does need to be able to swim 20+ metres
- Minimum age 3 years old. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the kayak.
- Weight limit 100kg per person or 200kg total per Clearyak
- Clearyak is suitable in all tides
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All equipment provided.
- You will get wet up to your knees, so bring a towel and possibly a change of trousers/shorts.
- Bring warm clothes and a jacket if the weather is cool.
Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
10:00am: 10:30am: 11:00am: 11:30am: 12:00pm: 12:30pm: 01:00pm: 01:30pm: 02:00pm: 02:30pm: 03:00pm
30 to 60 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Clearyak in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.