The Remarkables is a stunning mountain range that dominates over Queenstown. We run day guided ascents from Queenstown during both winter and summer up Single and Double Cone, the highest points on the Remarkables.Enjoy breathtaking views as well as a fantastic sense of achievement. The day trips are 8 hours plus and we cater for a variety of abilities and fitness levels.A serious guided mountain undertaking this will be an adventurous, memorable and authentic experience providing a capstone to your travel, adventure and outdoors repertoire. REMARKABLES SUMMITS:The Remarkables have a variety of awesome summits and journeys suitable for all abilities and experience levels, some possibilities include; • Single Cone, the highest peak in the Remarkable Range! • Double Cone, the Remarkables hardest peak • Telecom Tower, A classic scramble and training ground
What You'll Get
All of our Mountaineering trips require a pre-departure meeting. This usually takes place in the evening before the trip. Meet your Guide, sign in, and check your equipment. You'll walk away from this meeting ready for your day on the Mountain!
Most trips will meet at 8:30, although this can vary depending on weather and time of year. Meet your Guide, and start your journey up to the Remarkables ski area. This gives us a perfect start form an elevated car park (1650m).
Your Guide will lead the way, providing any training that you may need on the approach. This may include training in crampon or snowshoe use, or some basic ropework skills.
Our most popular day is a Summit attempt on Single Cone, and most parties can reach the Summit after 3-4 hours. Enjoy the spectacular iconic views atop this 2319m Mountain!
But the day is not over here, your Guide will safely lead you back down, involving abseiling down a 45m gully, and navigating the rocks or snow back to base.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
• Summer. During the Summer most active adventurers with moderate fitness, a good pair of hiking boots, some hiking experience and a fantastic attitude can complete this trip as a guided activity.
• Winter. Winter requires better clothing, warmer boots, and excellent fitness. Some good hiking experience, a previous introduction to climbing with ropes or using crampons is preferable. Discuss your experience with us when you book, and you might be surprised! We can also add a training day to get you ready!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pre-Requisites. Some of the bigger expeditions (eg, the Grand Traverse), are available subject to proven prior experience. Please contact to discuss with us your experience level.
- Pre-Departure Meet. We require all our participants to meet with a guide the day prior to your trip. Please bring all your equipment to be checked, we will then assist with supplying additional equipment, packing and other advice.
- Group Size. All of our Mountain trips are treated as a Private Guided trip, and have a maximum group size of two people per guide. We don't pair strangers together
- Weather. We experience fairly stable weather patterns during Summer and Winter, however mountain weather can be unpredictable. Be prepared for the Guide to adjust the plan based on prevailing conditions on the day. This may include an alternative summit route, or not attempting the summit and completing an alternative objective.
- Winter. During Winter additional safety and environmental factors may exist. We screen our participants to ensure you meet the pre-departure fitness, clothing and general experience requirements. This does not mean you need to be an experienced alpine climber.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Guide, with all safety Equipment
- Optional Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only, please contact us for more info)
- Courtesy transport by private vehicle
- Hiking boots must be worn (Mountaineering boots in Winter). These can be hired, inexpensively, in Queenstown
All trips depart from Outside Sports, we meet on the balcony at the rear of the shop.
Hotel Pick up can be arranged on request. Please discuss this with us during the pre-departure meeting.
return to same destination as pickup point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Climbing Queenstown in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.