We have the most experienced hang gliding team in New Zealand and there is no better place to try your hand at hang gliding than Coronet Peak! In the summer months we are able to take off from the Coronet Peak ski-fields which are the highest flying sites in Queenstown. The friendly and highly qualified team is run by Angus Tapper, 4 times NZ Paragliding Champion and runner up in the 2010 National Hang gliding Champs. He has over 30 years aviation experience. Take the challenge and enjoy this stunning scenic hang gliding flight!
About This Deal
Ever wanted to soar majestically through the skies like an eagle. Try Hang gliding off the Coronet Peak Skifield, the highest of the flying sites in Queenstown. After a short ride from Queenstown you will arrive on take off. Get a full briefing with take off practise. Shortly after you will be in the air with your highly experienced hang gliding instructor. Flight times on average are about 10 minutes. Fantastic views are guaranteed. After landing you will be able to check out the awesome photo and video footage of your flight. No obligation to buy. A short right back to Queestown follows, where you will complete your activity.
• Coronet Peak, Queenstown New Zealand
• Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, Coronet Peak, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Weight restrictions apply: minimum weight 20kg, maximum weight 90kg from October to March and 80kg from April to September, may vary throughout the year, depending on conditions.
- Dress warm - the main thing is to wear sturdy footwear
- Please make reservations aware of any medical issues you have and we will advise whether flying is advisable or not
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- It is important for all customers to declare any of the following medical conditions. Please note this does not necessarily exclude a person from doing our activities. - Pregnancy, Heart Condition, Recent Sprains or Muscular injuries, Panic/Anxiety Attacks, High/low Blood Pressure, Bone Disorders, Fragile Skin, Dislocations, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Prosthetics, Neurological Disorders, Disabilities, Physical Impairment, Motionsickness
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Professional guide
- Courtesy transport
- Local taxes
- In-flight photos and videos available
- T-Shirts available
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs
The drop-off point is outside the Cardrona Shop on 37 Camp Street, Queenstown.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Coronet Peak Tandems Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need to Know
Fine Print and Helpful Information
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.