This great two and a half hour cultural tour takes you on a journey through our city, the first to see the light and also the first to greet discoverer Captain James Cook.
Complete with a bicycle and a local guide you will be taken back over 600 years and learn about the settlement of our city by Maori and more latterly Europeans.
The tour takes you on local cycle ways, city roads, along the beach, via our museum, and other important sites.
This tour offers easy riding and is suitable for all age groups. Approximately 8-10 kilometers.
What to bring: Comfortable riding clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, a fleece or jacket & water.
What’s included: We provide a guide, refreshments along the way, bikes and helmets.
What you can add on:
A light lunch or similar
Wine, beer & cider tastings
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cook Landing Site National Historic Reserve, Kaiti Beach Rd, Inner Kaiti, Gisborne 4010 New Zealand
See where the crew from the endeavour arrived.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Use of bicycle
- Coffee and/or Tea - Light refreshments
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cycle Gisborne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.