Discover the Remutaka area’s rich rail history and natural beauty on an easy, all-inclusive, 6 hour mountain biking day trip. The flagship of the Remutaka Cycle Trail, this trail is suitable for riders of all levels. Cycle through native, bird-filled forest, over bridges and through tunnels while enjoying views of the natural landscape and the old railway system. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch at the Summit and embark on a fun (but easily controllable) descent to Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, home to some of New Zealand’s most scenic farmland.
You will be provided with everything you will need for your adventure - transport to and from your accommodation, bikes with trunk bags for your personal effects, and all food - so all you need to do is wear appropriate clothing and be ready to ride!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rimutaka Rail Trail, Wairarapa end of the Rail Trail via Cross Creek Road, Wellington New Zealand
Remutaka Rail Trail, from Maymorn / Kaitoke to Cross Creek
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 12
- Maximum of 12 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- All food and water provided - snacks, light lunch, tea and coffee, water.
- All equipment - mountain bikes / eBikes, helmets and other safety gear, racks and a pannier bag for your personal effects.
- All transport - shuttles to and from your hotel / pickup point, and any other transports required throughout day.
- Knowledgeable and friendly host, who will provide information regarding the trail and what to expect throughout the day.
- All taxes/fees are included in the headline price - no hidden extras.
- Entry/Admission - Rimutaka Rail Trail
- Ecludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt at 9am
Tour ends with drop off at your accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cycle Remutaka in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.