We will pick you up with a 9am shuttle from your accommodation in Wellington and travel up to either Kaitoke or Maymorn (for a shorter ride). Follow the meandering Hutt River downhill from its source to its end at Seaview, then ride around the coastline to the beautiful Days Bay. You can either drop your bikes off at The Boatshed and go for a paddle on a kayak or SUP, jump on the ferry back to Wellington, or take your 5.30pm shuttle back to your doorstep. 39/46km of moderate riding, suitable for riders with reasonable levels of fitness.
What You'll Get
Enjoy a 9am shuttle pick up from your hotel in Wellington, from here you’ll take an approximately 30 minute drive up to the start of the trail at either Kaitoke or Maymorn (for a shorter ride). Along the way, you’ll be briefed as to what to expect on the trails and from the day.
Once you have reached the start of the cycle trail, you’ll be set up with a modern mountain bike specially selected and customized for these trails. These bikes come equipped with comfortable seats and grips, quality components and a rear carrier rack with pannier unit, so you can take your personal effects without needing a bulky backpack. You'll also receive a delicious picnic lunch, snacks and bottled water, as well as maps and safety equipment including a GPS tracker with emergency functions. After a quick safety briefing, your adventure will begin!
Follow the meandering Hutt River downhill from its source, through the Hutt Valley, to its end at Seaview, then ride around the coastline to the beautiful Days Bay. You can either drop your bikes off at The Boatshed and go for a paddle on a kayak or SUP, jump on the ferry back to Wellington, or take your 5.30pm shuttle back to your doorstep.
Distance 39/46km, riding time 3-5 hours, total duration 4-9 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise height of each rider (important so we can prepare the right size of bike for you).
- Please advise of any dietary considerations you may have.
- Please wear appropriate clothing on the day - closed shoes with either shorts or tight-fitting pants for riding, along with a tshirt or similar and fleece / jumper in reserve.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- 9am pick up from your accommodation in Wellington
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / eBike
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Transport back to your hotel (or anywhere else) in Wellington afterward / Ferry Pass from Days Bay to Wellington CBD, your choice!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
Your accommodation in Wellington or the Hutt Valley (to be advised by customer)
Ferry pass back to Wellington CBD from Days Bay, or shuttle back to your doorstep (customer's choice)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cycle Remutaka in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.