Discover the untamed beauty of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mount Aspiring National Park on this full-day Dart River ‘funyak’ (inflatable canoe) and jet boat tour from Queenstown! Travel by coach to Glenorchy, where your adventure begins, and then hop aboard a jet boat and ride up the picturesque Dart River. Speeding through a landscape of outstanding natural beauty, your tour passes the ‘Middle-earth’ countryside that featured in the popular ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy. In a secluded stretch of the river, swap the boat for your own easy-to-handle funyak and then paddle behind your attentive guide before stopping for a buffet lunch in the great outdoors!No previous canoeing experience is required on this tour, and your guide will paddle at a leisurely pace to suit the group.
What You'll Get
Dart River Funyaks is an amazing journey from Glenorchy deep into the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park. Get up-close with nature with a gentle paddle on sparkling waters. Combine wilderness jet boating with unique Funyak in stable canoes for a fun way to explore the Dart River as well as hidden side streams, rock pools and dramatic chasms. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of this stunning area at your own pace as you float downstream, as well as a sumptuous buffet lunch before heading past Paradise and on to Glenorchy.
• Dart River Adventures, Camp and Shotover Streets Queenstown Information Centre, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
• Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
• Mount Aspiring National Park, Wanaka New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum height is 3.3 feet (1 meter)
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please dress appropriately: bring swimwear, a towel and warm clothes
- Please bring sunscreen and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Round-trip transport from Queenstown
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Jet boat ride
- Canoe tour
- Use of equipment: lifejacket, wetsuits and booties, fleece, dry bag
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Professional guide
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Dart River Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.