Gold Diggers Trail is a grade 1-2 cycle trail tour set amongst a spectacular Gorge backdrop. Cycle along river edge trails passing historical gold mining relics whilst crossing several bridges and finally through a 1100 meter tunnel.
The Karangahake Gorge is Instagram perfect with multiple photo opportunities to capture this amazing scenic area. This tour will deliver it all- cycle trails, walking tracks, native NZ scenery and adventures into the gold mining tunnels left from a past era in NZ history.
Gold Diggers Trail - Your Adventure Awaits.
What You'll Get
Hop aboard “DayTrippers” luxury shuttle at your pick up location, settle back for a 50 minute scenic drive to the stunning Karangahake Gorge in Waihi – Your Adventure Awaits.
Straddle the latest Giant Fathom 3 electric mountain bikes & pedal off to explore the wonders of this historical gold mining region. The gorge trail meanders along the river edge amongst gold mine ruins of past, through shear rock walls & plunges you into darkness to end your ride via the 1100 metre tunnel.
Our DayTrippers guide will share local history & assist with perfecting your cycling skills along the way.
Your 1 ½ hour cycle will conclude once exiting the tunnel & crossing the river again to join the DayTrippers crew & shuttle for lunch. Our guide will lead you deeper into the spectacular Karangahake Gorge to explore the “Windows Walk”. This 2.5 kilometre loop trail explores the gold mining tunnels where you will use torches to reveal hidden trails & tunnels carved by gold miners in history past. Returning via the swingbridge to grab that last photo before departure.
DayTrippers team will deliver you back to your drop off location – Your Adventure completed!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Electric Mountain bike and Helmet
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
Traveler pickup is offered
Cruise Ship passenger pick up and return to Salisbury Wharf, Mt Maunganui next to ship docking area.
- Port of Tauranga
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the DayTrippers Cycle Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.