Our full day tour is designed to maximize the distance you travel, and the time spent on the water. We make sure you cover the most distance returning by water taxi so there is no need to paddle back to the start of your kayak journey.
Points of difference:
• Small, locally owned company. Maximum of 10 guests per adventure, this ensures a personal experience is provided by your kayak nature guide
• 4 hours of sea kayaking on Doubtful Sound
• This is the longest kayaking day tour of Doubtful Sound (up to 15 km of kayaking)
• Tour is suitable for beginners and experienced kayakers alike
• You will explore Hall Arm, which is famously referred to as “The Sound of Silence”
• With us you will explore more! One-way kayak to the end of Hall Arm and cruise back to Deep Cove (so you are covering the most distance)
• All transport from Te Anau and cruise from Manapouri are included
What You'll Get
Meet us in Te Anau, we then transfer you to Pearl Harbour to the awaiting vessel.
A 30 km cruise across Lake Manapouri and a stopover at West Arm Visitor Centre to change into your wetsuits. Information on local history, flora, and fauna are shared throughout the day. Travel 22 km by coach over the Wilmot Pass with view stops along the way. Once at Deep Cove, it is time to paddle! Kayak in modern double sea-kayaks equipped with steering rudders. Comprehensive safety and paddling briefings are given. As you paddle this remote fiord you will enjoy views of towering mountains, ice-carved valleys & waterfalls tumble down over the mountainsides. Under towering Commander Peak its time for lunch and a complimentary hot drink (lunch is not provided). Continue your paddle into Hall Arm, explore the sheltered coves and shorelines, get close to nature. Your kayak concludes with awesome views of Mt Danae towering to 1500 meters above you. At approximately 2:45pm our vessel will pick you and begin the return cruise back to Deep Cove. Time to leave this land that we have been privileged to visit. Back across the pass and return cruise to civilization at Manapouri 5:15pm & Te Anau 5:30pm.
• Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Manapouri Lake, Manapouri New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for children under 14 years.Each child must be at least 1.4 metre and 45kg in weight. Must have experince and be with a strong adult.
- As the kayak cockpit is a fixed size, to ensure “fit” into our kayaks we have weight limit of 115kg. HOWEVER Kayakers who are wider at the hips or who have long legs please call and speak with us to discuss this.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- All kayak gear is supplied: Wetsuit vest, Paddle-Jackets, Life Jacket, Spray skirts, Polypropylene clothing, Rain jackets, Hat, Pogies & Dry camera bags
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Please bring your own Lunch, snacks and water bottle
- What to bring: Swimwear, shoes/socks to use in the kayak, warm jacket, change of clothes, towel
- sunblock, sunglasses, sunhat, insect repellent, camera, medications
Doubtful Sound Kayak, 3/77 Manapouri-Te Anau Highway, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Doubtful Sound Kayak in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.