Explore the technicolor hot springs of Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland on a guided half-day tour of New Zealand’s most extensive geothermal site. Walk along well-groomed trails that skirt volcanic craters and natural hot pools in a surreal range of vibrant colors. Witness the daily eruption of the Lady Knox Geyser and take in the highlights of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Small-group tour limited to a maximum of 12 people allows for a more customized experience with your expert guide.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
come and see one of the worlds most surreal places, including the colorful champagne pool
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lady Knox Geyser, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
see the daily eruption of the Lady Knox geyser at 10.15am
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
recently voted as one of New Zealand's must-see attractions, the Waimangu valley is nature at her best
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups are made between 8 am and 8.30 am from the Rotorua CBD. The following is a time breakdown
8.05 am (Black Swan, Peppers on the Point, Koura Lodge, Bella Vista, Lake Rotorua hotel)
8.10 am (Novotel, Ibis, Regent, Aura accommodation, Pullman)
8.15 am (Princes Gate, Museum, Quest, YHA)
8.20 am (Sudima, Millennium, Central backpackers, Downtown backpackers)
8.25 am (All Fenton St accommodations)
8.30 am (Holiday Inn)
if your accommodation is not on the list but is in the CBD please contact us directly.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Elite Adventures Rotorua Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.