Discover the Remutaka Ranges’ rich rail history & natural beauty on a morning cycle adventure, before heading to Martinborough for an indulgent afternoon of vineyard cruising and wine-tasting. 18km of easy/moderate riding.
What You'll Get
Distance 18km, riding time 2 hours, total duration 9 hours
Discover the Remutaka Ranges' rich rail history & natural beauty on a morning cycle adventure, before heading to Martinborough for an indulgent afternoon of vineyard cruising and wine-tasting. 18km of easy/moderate riding.
We pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington at 9am, and shuttle you up to Kaitoke where you start your adventure with a very gradual incline through native bush. Pass through tunnels (headlights provided!) and over bridges, while checking out information boards detailing the enormous task of constructing the old fell railway system. Reach the summit - a large grassy plateau perfect for a picnic or cold drink - then enjoy a fun (but easily controllable!) descent to Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, surrounded by some of NZ's most scenic farmland. From Cross Creek, we shuttle you on to Martinborough, the Remutaka region's wine and culinary heartland, where you can spend the afternoon cruising the many vineyards and sampling the fantastic wines on offer. We'll then pick you up at 6pm, and have you back in Wellington in time for dinner. The perfect way to spend a Wellington day!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 18
- Maximum of 11 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- 9am pick up from your accommodation in Wellington
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / electric bike (eBike)
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Shuttle from Cross Creek (12.00pm) to Martinborough (12.30pm)
- Shuttle from Martinborough (6.00pm) back to Wellington
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt
Shuttle back to your accommodation in Wellington or the Hutt Valley.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Everyone's Adventure in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.