A challenging but rewarding day trip that can be easily lengthened to suit the rider. We shuttle you over the Remutakas and down to Ocean Beach in the Wairarapa before you jump on your bike and head around the coast to Orongorongo. Though beautiful and one of the highlights of the Remutaka Cycle Trail, it can be quite rugged and not for all riders.You will be provided with everything you will need for your adventure - transport to and from your accommodation, bikes / eBikes with trunk bags for your personal effects, and all food - so all you need to do is wear appropriate clothing and be ready to ride! Distance 18km, riding time 3-5 hours, total duration 8 hours
What You'll Get
Enjoy a 9am shuttle pick up from your hotel in Wellington. We shuttle you over the Remutakas and down to Ocean Beach in the Wairarapa (even the drive has beautiful scenery!) for 11am. You’ll be set up with a modern mountain bike / eBike specially selected and customized for these trails. These bikes come equipped with comfortable seats and grips, quality components, and a rear carrier rack with pannier unit, so you can take your personal effects without needing a bulky backpack. You'll also receive a delicious picnic lunch and bottled water, as well as, maps and safety equipment. After a quick safety briefing, your adventure will begin!
Jump on your bike and head around the coast to Orongorongo. Our staff have seen orca, dolphins and seals in this area - it's an incredible part of the country. Though beautiful and one of the highlights of the Rimutaka Cycle Trail, it can be quite rugged and not for all riders.
We will shuttle you back from Orongorongo at 4.30pm to Wellington for 5.30pm.
Distance 18km, riding time 3-5 hours, total duration 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 16
- Maximum of 11 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All food and water provided - snacks, light lunch, water.
- All equipment - bikes / ebikes, helmets and other safety gear, racks and a pannier bag for your personal effects.
- All transport - shuttles to and from your hotel / pickup point, and any other transports required throughout day.
- Knowledgeable and friendly host, who will provide information regarding the trail and what to expect throughout the day.
- All taxes/fees are included in the headline price - no hidden extras.
- Bottled water
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt.
Tour ends with drop off at your accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Everyone's Adventure in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.