Ride the ruggedly beautiful Wild Coast track and on to Days Bay. You’ll take in rugged and remote coastline with seal colonies, lighthouses and lakes, and eventually Eastbourne’s beautiful bays and cafes. 39km of moderate/challenging riding.
What You'll Get
Ride the ruggedly beautiful Wild Coast track and on to Days Bay. You'll take in rugged and remote coastline with seal colonies, lighthouses and lakes, and eventually Eastbourne's beautiful bays and cafes. 39km of moderate/challenging riding.
Distance 39km, riding time 4-6 hours, total duration 9 hours.
We pick you up from your doorstep at 9am, then shuttle you over the Remutakas and down to Ocean Beach in the Wairarapa for approx 11am (even the drive has beautiful scenery!). Jump on your bike / eBike and head around the coast to Days Bay via Orongorongo. Our staff have seen orca, dolphins and seals in this area, and that's before you even get to Pencarrow's lakes and lighthouses - it's an incredible part of the country. Though beautiful and one of the highlights of the Remutaka Cycle Trail, it is quite a rugged section of the trail and very good fitness levels are required - please read trail info thoroughly before committing: http://remutakacycletrail.co.nz/remutaka-rimutaka-cycle-trail-map-the-wild-coast/
We will shuttle you back to your accommodation in Wellington from Days Bay at approx. 5.30pm, or take a ferry pass back to Wellington CBD (customer's choice).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 16
- Maximum of 11 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- 9am pick up from your accommodation in Wellington
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / electric bike (eBike)
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Transport back to your hotel (or anywhere else) in Wellington afterward / Ferry Pass from Days Bay to Wellington CBD, your choice!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt.
Ferry pass back to Wellington CBD from Days Bay, or shuttle back to your doorstep (customer's choice)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Everyone's Adventure in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.