Start at Port Chalmers to experience the pure beauty of Dunedin on a fantastic tour of rich heritage, spectacular scenery and unique wildlife. The tour includes a 2 hour wildlife cruise designed for small groups to see unique wildlife of Otago harbour. You will experience memorable landscape of Otago Peninsula with amazing string of rugged beaches, bays. Your knowledgeable guide will show you the most breathtaking views. Your tour will include an entry to the garden of the only castle of New Zealand - Larnach castle. You will stop at the world's steepest street, local lookout point to enjoy the views of city, peninsula and harbor, University of Otago - the oldest New Zeland university, Octagon, Dunedin Railway Station and internationally significant and the oldest botanic garden in New Zealand. The tour is designed only for small groups, so you will enjoy flexibility and comfort in a small bus.
What You'll Get
Visit: Fantail Tours, Dunedin New Zealand
9am departure from Port Chalmers cruise terminal. Imagine a flexibility and comfort you enjoying a tour in a small group!
On days when cruise ships arrive later our tour departure is delayed, please contact us for specific days.
Stops include at:
• Baldwin Street - the steepest street in the world
• Signal Hill Lookout to enjoy spectacular views of the city, harbor and peninsula
• University of Otago - the oldest university and one of the most beautiful in New Zealand
• First Church
• Dunedin Botanic Garden - internationally significant and the oldest in New Zealand
• Dunedin Railway station
• Otago Peninsula drive with breathtaking scenery with photos stops
After city sightseeing you will continue the tour onto Otago Peninsula where you will have the most breathtaking harbor and ocean views. You will have some free time to spend at Larnach Castle garden. Here is always something to see in the gardens at Larnach Castle. This is more than just a Garden of International Significance; it is a unique collection of specialised gardens. For instance, there is a Patterned Garden, the Lost Rock Garden, the Serpentine Walk, the Rain Forest, the South Seas Garden, the Alice Lawn, and the Laburnum Arch and Green Room.
• Larnach Castle garden entry includes to see the only castle of New Zealand from outside only, explore internationally significant garden or just relax and have a drink at the cafe.
• After a visit to Larnach Castle gardens you will be taken to board a small boat for a wildlife cruise to enjoy the unique wildlife of Otago Harbour: Royal Albatrosses, NZ fur seals or sea lions, variety of birds. We sometimes see dolphins or whales. The wildlife is different every day so it is hard to predict what you encounter on the day.
• You will be back at Port to board the ship by 3.30pm
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Port Chalmers cruise terminal, private tour waiting area, close to door 2.
6 hours 30 minutes
Port Chalmers cruise terminal
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fantail Tours Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.