This 6-hour sunset tour is a classic kayaking adventure. You will embark on a 75-minute paddle across Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour, followed by a 45-minute guided walk up to the crater of Rangitoto for a 360 degree vista of Auckland’s skyline and the islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
What You'll Get
A guided sea kayak tour to Auckland’s Rangitoto Island to see the sunset is a unique experience from which you are sure to return with a real sense of achievement. People tell us this that is one of the best things they have done in Auckland. Your experienced guides know how to keep you safe on the water as you kayak across Auckland harbour.
Paddle from base shop on the water’s edge at Okahu Bay, less than 10 minutes from downtown Auckland. The paddle to Rangitoto takes about 75-minutes.
Once on the Island, your guide will lead you on a 45-minute to 1-hour walk to the summit. On the way you’ll learn a bit about the amazing geology and flora and fascinating history of this iconic dormant volcano. At the top, you will get a 360-degree view of Auckland City and the inner harbour and other islands of the Hauraki Gulf. On a clear evening, the sunset from there is beautiful.
The paddle back home under the stars with the lights of Auckland in the distance is a highlight of the tour. It is a wonderfully serene way to end the day.
There’s a chance that you will see marine life on route including dolphins and penguins. You might even be lucky enough to see the leopard seal that sometimes sleeps on our ramp.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age for this tour is 16 years
- Adult pricing applies to all kayakers on this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems
- Kayaking to Rangitoto requires a moderate degree of fitness and there is some walking involved
- Clothing suitable for kayaking is required, including shorts, t-shirt, warm top, leggings (particularly in winter). Please do not wear denim, long pants (not even rolled up) or ¾ pants
- All kayak tours are subject to favorable weather and sea conditions. If a tour is cancelled due to poor weather or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Use of double sea kayak
- All necessary specialist kayaking safety equipment
- Experienced guide (with ratio of 1 guide per 8 kayakers)
- A guided walk to the top of Rangitoto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
12 Tamaki Dr, Auckland 1071, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fergs Kayaks in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.