This 3-hour kayaking adventure is perfect for less experienced paddlers. A quick paddle across Auckland’s harbour will take you to the quaint maritime village of Devonport, followed by a guided tour up to the historical military bunkers on North Head, where you can enjoy commanding views from the volcano’s summit before paddling home again.
What You'll Get
Join this exciting 3-hour kayaking trip, perfect for those who are short on time, or just starting out kayaking.
Paddle from the base shop on the water’s edge at Okahu Bay, less than 10 minutes from downtown Auckland. Our guides are experienced and know how to keep you safe while on the water and they will fully brief you before we depart.
We first paddle across Auckland harbour to the quaint seaside village of Devonport and, from there, we paddle around North Head and land on beautiful Cheltenham beach. This is a lovely place for a swim. We then take a track from the beach around North Head and up to the summit for a fantastic view of Auckland harbour and the city. North Head is an extinct volcano which has been used from early times for defensive purposes. Your guide will show you the historic features of this interesting and commanding Auckland landmark, including some of the many tunnels that were used by the military.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age for this tour is 16 years
- Adult pricing applies to all kayakers on this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems
- Some walking uphill is involved
- Clothing suitable for kayaking is required, including shorts, t-shirt, warm top, leggings (particularly in winter). Please do not wear denim, long pants (not even rolled up) or ¾ pants
- All kayak tours are subject to favorable weather and sea conditions. If a tour is cancelled due to poor weather or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Use of double sea kayak
- All necessary specialist kayaking safety equipment
- Experienced guide (with ratio of 1 guide per 8 kayakers)
- A guided walk to the top of North Head
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Fergs Kayaks Auckland Base Shop (address on voucher)
Return to same departure location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fergs Kayaks in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.