Join us for a distinctly Fiordland morning or afternoon fishing experience on the Waiau River you won’t forget in a hurry.
• Perfect chance to battle bountiful, aggressive Fiordland rainbow and wily brown trout.
• Using our boat provides us with superior maneuverability for top results drift fishing the river or accessing beaches and islands on the river you can’t get to on foot.
• Experience the outstanding evening rises and Mayfly hatches that can occur on the Upper Waiau.
• Our professional kiwi guides are true Fiordland locals and great people to spend time with – they know the Waiau River like the back of their hand.
• Enjoy kiwi hospitality at its very best; home made morning or afternoon tea tops off an epic day on the water.
What You'll Get
Using his wealth of local knowledge, Mark Wallace and his team of top notch guides, will show you an extraordinary fly fishing experience on the mighty Waiau River which flows between Lake Te Anau and Manapouri. This is a must-do on any serious angler’s bucket list and a fishing experience you won’t find anywhere else.
The Waiau River is truly one-of-a-kind. Teeming with Brown and Rainbow Trout and bordering Fiordland National Park, the Waiau combines low fishing pressure with extraordinary Mayfly hatches for a fly fishing experience that’s truly world class yet often underrated.
This is a great fit for anglers looking for an outstanding fly fishing adventure and it’s also a perfect river for those just getting to know fly fishing or trying it for the first time – our guides are friendly and patient providing essential tuition on the river.
A larger waterway; our highly experienced guides break the Waiau down and fish it like a small river. We know the Waiau like the back of our hands, and trout here are anything but hook-shy! Dotted with islands, beaches and eddies that are impossible to reach on foot, we use custom-built boats to navigate to the river’s best fishing spots, sometimes fishing from the boat drift-style if the client wishes. Don’t be put off by the use of the boat, trout on the Waiau are forgiving and settle fast once the boat has moved through and these boats are by far the superior method of maneuvering around this river.
Join us for a morning or afternoon of fly fishing on the mighty Waiau. You’ll quickly see why anglers who have fished all over the world rave about their time spent fishing with us.
Pre-booking is recommended Dec – Feb as availability is limited.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Charter is priced for up to 2 people. For just 1 person, please continue to book for 2 as this is the minimum trip rate.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Professional private guide and boat to yourself
- Morning or afternoon Tea with fresh, homemade baked goods
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All fishing equipment supplied
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Fishing licenses, but we can organize these for you
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fiordland Outdoors Co. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.