Experience the first 16km of the Forgotten World Railway. Enjoy a taste of the Forgotten World journey. Travel through 5 tunnels including the longest tunnel (1.5km) on the line before stopping for a drink and a cookie and returning on the rails back through the 5 tunnels (bonus!) to the start point.
This is a 32km round trip, cruising through stunning hill country farms and native bush.
What You'll Get
Time : Depart our Taumarunui depot at 12.00pm.
Experience the first 16km of the Forgotten World Railway. Enjoy a taste of the Forgotten World journey. Travel through 5 tunnels including the longest tunnel (1.5km) on the line before stopping for a drink and a cookie and returning on the rails back through the 5 tunnels (bonus!) to the starting point.
Included in your day:
Shuttles to/from our Taumarunui Depot out to the RailCarts at Okahukura, morning or afternoon tea and of course your RailCart
What to bring:
In this region the weather is changeable and it’s best to prepare for all conditions no matter the season. Layered clothing with a good wind/rain jacket or shell is ideal. The RailCarts have plastic side-curtains that provide reasonable rain protection.
We suggest the following should be taken with you on the RailCart:
• Sunglasses, Camera, Binoculars
• Water and extra snacks if required
• Warm thermal/merino clothing, including hat, scarf and gloves
• Sturdy footwear (no jandals) with warm socks
• Warm windproof jacket with hood even in fine weather
• 100% Rainproof coat and over-trousers if rain is predicted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour is possible for those with walking disabilities
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Local guide
- Snacks - Light refreshments
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Forgotten World Adventures
Forgotten World Motel, 9 Hakiaha Street, Taumarunui 3920, New Zealand
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Forgotten World Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.