Experience a total of 84kms travelling there and back on the rails. Unlock the secrets of the land as you wind your way through the changing landscapes, through 3 tunnels and over 18 bridges, to the rugged hills that frame the Republic of Whangamomona. Pack your own picnic to enjoy in the Republic or take a short stroll down to the historic Whangamomona Hotel to enjoy your purchased lunch surrounded by the history of the Republic.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whangamomona 4396, New Zealand
Check in at Douglas, board your Rail Cart and set off on your journey into the Forgotten World. Discover ever-changing vistas as you learn about the history of the area and the stories of the settlers. See redwood plantations, pine forest and deer farms and get up close and personal with local wildlife in sheep and beef country.
Stop for morning tea and home baking at TeWera Station siding, and visit an organic farm with the opportunity to sample and buy locally made produce. Arrive in Whangamomona and have time to stroll around the Republic enjoy either your packed picnic lunch or hearty Republic fare at the Whangamomona Hotel (additional cost).
Return to the station for your journey home. Swop drivers, and take your time to take photos and marvel at the spectacular Mt Taranaki dominating the skyline on the way back to Douglas.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- In this region the weather is changeable and it’s best to prepare for all conditions no matter the season
- Clothing that can be layered, including warm thermal/merino clothing with a good wind/rain jacket or shell is ideal
- It can be very cool in the tunnels even in summer
- Water and extra snacks if required
- Windproof jacket with hood even in fine weather
- Hat, scarf and gloves
- Sturdy footwear with warm socks
- Pack a rainproof coat and over-trousers
- Any personal medication as required
- Often we now have local artisans offering a variety of local produce for sale at some of our stops. You may like to bring along a little cash in case something appeals.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea
4 Douglas Road, Douglas 4392, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Forgotten World Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.