Discover the breath-taking landscapes and stories of the Okahukura-Stratford line by RailCart. Travel over 18 bridges and through 3 tunnels including the unique S shaped 615m Whangamomona Tunnel. Travel on the largest bridge over the Patea River. Discover a redwood plantation, and TeWera pine forest. Visit an Organic Farm and sample local produce. Enjoy a stroll around the Whangamomona Republic.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whangamomona 4396, New Zealand
Depart Stratford for a short shuttle ride to your Railcarts on the line ready to take you to the Republic of Whangamomona. Discover ever-changing vistas as you learn about the history of the area and the stories of the settlers. See redwood plantations, pine forest and deer farms and get up close and personal with local wildlife deep in the heart of sheep and beef country. Travel on the largest bridge over the Patea River, and discover Taranaki dairy farmland all while marvelling at the spectacular Mt Taranaki dominating the skyline. Stop for morning tea at Douglas Station, then continue your journey onto TeWera Station. Visit an organic farm with the opportunity to sample and buy locally made produce. Arrive at Whangamomona about 3.30pm to explore this wee republic before boarding your same day return shuttle to journey by road, back to Stratford.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Important information
- In this region the weather is changeable and it’s best to prepare for all conditions no matter the season
- Clothing that can be layered, including warm thermal/merino clothing with a good wind/rain jacket or shell is ideal
- It can be very cool in the tunnels even in summer
- Water and extra snacks if required
- Windproof jacket with hood even in fine weather
- Hat, scarf and gloves
- Sturdy footwear with warm socks
- Pack a rainproof coat and over-trousers
- Any personal medication as required
- Often we now have local artisans offering a variety of local produce for sale at some of our stops. You may like to bring along a little cash in case something appeals.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
- Vehicle transfers (optional extra)
- Accommodation (optional extra)
- Next day shuttles (optional extra)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Forgotten World Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.