Our half day guided bike tour explores the wineries and cycle trails of the Gibbston Valley. The tour includes pick up/drop off at your accommodation, 3 cellar door visits and tastings, a picnic lunch, bike, helmet and a knowledgeable local tour guide.
What You'll Get
This tour takes in part of the Gibbston River Trail – an easy-going and picturesque bicycle track which forms part of Nga Haerenga (the NZ bicycle trail network). After pick-up from your accommodation we take a short drive through the valley to our starting point on the Gibbston Back Road. We visit three of the area’s eclectic wineries where we have an opportunity to learn about the history and “personality” of each brand, and sample some of the unique wines produced in the region. Along the way, we explore the stunning valley landscape, learn more about the area thanks to our knowledgeable guides, and stop for a picnic lunch (provided by Provisions Café, Arrowtown) in a picture-postcard spot amongst the vines. The tour is approximately 5 hours in total; our GT mountain bikes have front suspension and large easy-rolling wheels, making for a comfortable ride.
Pick up time: 10:30am
Drop off time: 3:30pm (approximately)
Cycling distance: 6km
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We ask that you have ridden a bicycle before
- You must be over 18 years of age to participate in wine tastings unless accompanied by a parent or guardian
- We have some options for children but contact Fork and Pedal Tours before making the booking
- During Cooler months (May-September) and rainy days the picnic lunch will be replaced with a winery lunch. The operator will contribute $20 per person towards the lunch.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- tour guide
- pick up/drop off at your accommodation
- bike and helmet
- 3 cellar door visits and tastings
- picnic lunch from Provisions Café in Arrowtown
- bottle of water
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional wine can be purchased at the customers expense
Queenstown and Arrowtown hotels and accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fork and Pedal Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.