Take in the magnificent lava fields and natural beauty of Rangitoto, the volcanic island that is one of Auckland’s most iconic landmarks. Enjoy a short ferry ride to the island then board your 4-wheel drive (4WD) tram to a spot near the island’s summit, where a short walk to the top rewards you with magnificent views of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf. Your guide will provide informative commentary about the island’s history, geology and surprisingly rich plant life, including the world's largest pohutukawa forest.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fullers 360 Discovery Cruises, 139 Quay Street Fullers360 Information Centre and Ticket Office, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010 New Zealand
Board your Fullers360 Ferry to Rangitoto Island from the downtown ferry terminal in the Auckland CBD
Stop At: Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Cruise across the beautiful Hauraki Gulf from Auckland city to the Volcanic shore of Rangitoto.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Rangitoto Island, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
• Guided 4WD road train tour through 600-year-old volcanic landscape
• Transport to the base of the summit, where there are approximately
300 boardwalk steps to the top for 360-degree views
• Commentary about island’s history and geology
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This Voucher is Valid for Travel
- Please dress appropriately
- The 4WD road-train has drop-down clear curtain for protection in the rain
- No shops are located on the island. Please bring food and drinks. Food and beverages can be purchased on the ferry en route to Rongitoto Island
- The walk to the summit includes boardwalk stairs. The walk is optional. You can choose to enjoy the view from the base
- Be sure to bring enough snacks, water and sunscreen for the day as there are no stores on the island
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- 2-hour guided 4WD road-train tour on Rangitoto Island
- Return Rangitoto Ferry
- Entry/Admission - Rangitoto Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fullers Group LTD in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.