Allow for 2.5 hours (more if stopping for a coffee) for this epic awe-inspiring journey which will take you over the Canterbury Plains to the Southern Alps and on to Aoraki Mount Cook.
There are 27 other mountains in this alpine backbone which peak at over 3000 meters and hundreds of others which make up
the famous Southern Alps.
Visit the famous Sir Edmund Hilary Centre with the option for a coffee at the Hermitage Hotel.
Fly home through Lord of the Rings country and see the spectacular site
of Edoras the capital of Rohan. Simply
spectacular with ample opportunity for alpine landings.
What You'll Get
Prepare for your journey by wearing warm clothes and covered shoes, don’t forget your camera. Check in at our offices at 73 Grays Road, where you will be weighed prior given a safety briefing and loaded into helicopter.
A safe comfortable experience awaits you with your professional pilot providing an expert commentary along the way, of geological and history of the area
Depart south towards Aoraki Mount Cook. you'll first head over the fertile farmland of the Canterbury Plain, view the variation of farming activity in the fields below from sheep & dairy farming to crops. Ahead in the distance lay the mighty Southern Alps.
You'll first head up one of the many alpine passes to take in the stunning views over the many mountain gully’s and rivers that are fed off the snowy peaks above. While in the air, your pilot will point out the features of New Zealand's highest mountain, Aoraki Mount Cook, the longest glacier, The Tasman Glacier at 14km and some of the many filming sites for the movie the Hobbit
Photo opportunities are plenty as you fly over the many mountains and glaciers of the region. If weather allows prepare to land high on a mountain, seasonal snow may be present.
A brief stop at Aoraki Mount Cook Village for a walk and coffee, then depart back to Christchurch to view more sites through Lord of the Rings country and see the spectacular site of Edoras the capital of Rohan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer and a fare paid for that carer must be paid
- Please provide a cell phone number for us to contact you on
- reconfirmation of booking is required 24 hours prior to departure by calling 03 3584360
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Landing and facility fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
73 Grays Road, Yaldhurst, Christchurch 8042, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Garden City Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.