Twice the ice! Explore the glacial icefalls of not one but two glaciers - Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier on this 30-minute helicopter flight. Discover up close their neve and unusual ice formations. Landing on the snowfields is a highlight and will make for superb photos, snowballs and memories.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Franz Josef Glacier, Glacier Access Road Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Franz Josef, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) New Zealand
The only thing better than one glacier is two glaciers, so why not experience twice the ice. Explore the glacial ice falls of the mighty Fox Glacier and the incomparable Franz Josef Glacier on this twin 30-minute helicopter flight.
Each Glacier has its own different characteristics but both are magnificent and make for an unforgettable West Coast experience. You will discover up close their neve and unusual ice formations - landing on the snowfields is a highlight and will make for superb photos, snowballs and memories.
It’s an adventure you'll remember forever and is often cited as a highlight of a New Zealand trip by holidaymakers.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fox Glacier South Side Walk, State Highway 6 Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Fox Glacier, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) New Zealand
Steeper and more dramatic or epic vastness and more remote? Take our Twin Glacier flight and you don't have to choose. This trip includes a snow landing and the chance to experience two very different glacial formations. This is the perfect trip to encounter both jaw-dropping glaciers, Fox and Franz Josef.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- We recommend you bring along warm clothes, sunglasses, sturdy footwear, your camera and a sense of adventure!
- For safety reasons, we do not allow selfie sticks, drones, flammable liquids, lighters, iPads/ tablets and bags of any description on any of our flights.
- We fly all year round, weather permitting. Please note: On Christmas, we only operate for half the day (9 am - 12 pm).
- Most travelers can participate
- Infants 15kg and under are free of charge and sit on adults knee
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Glacier Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.