Visit this iconic Lake which has just been named NZ’s Great Short Walk. World famous for it’s stunning mirror-like reflections of our highest mountains - Mt Tasman and Mt Cook. Relaxed guided nature walking tour through an incredible primeval rainforest to magnificent reflections and mountain views. Departure times vary throughout the year as we like to give you the best possible chance of reflections (early morning or late evening). Your experienced guide will give you information on the local flora, fauna, history of the area, and how this lake relates to the surrounding glaciers and landscape. * please note there is no option to go off track on this tour.**Minimum group numbers apply.
What You'll Get
Start times vary depending on the time of year, usually between 5:00pm - 6:00pm October - March (daylight savings) and 3:00pm April - September. Or early morning. Complimentary transport available from Franz Josef or Fox Glacier, as well as wet weather gear, umbrellas, walking poles, and morning tea or supper provided (hot drink & biscuit). Ability to talk to your guide and ask lots of questions due to our small group numbers.
• Learn about the flora and fauna of this area, find hidden gems like native orchids and brightly coloured wild mushrooms amongst the dense rainforest
• One -on-one time with your guide, ability to ask as many questions as you like
• Small group numbers
• Experienced and knowledgable guides
• If the weather is great then experience mirror-like reflections
• Personalised, relaxing low pace tour - plenty of opportunities for photo taking
• Morning tea or 'supper' (hot drink & biscuit) provided
* please note there is no option to go off track on this tour.
**Minimum group numbers apply.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring an extra on or two long sleeved warm top layers of clothing
- Please wear suitable footwear for walking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Local guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Afternoon tea
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Walking boots/shoes
20 Main Rd, Franz Josef Glacier 7886, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Glacier Valley Eco Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.