Enjoy unparalleled views from the window seat of our fixed-wing aircraft and marvel at the most awe-inspiring aerial views of the summit ridge of Mt. Cook and the Tasman Glacier before landing in Mt. Cook National Park. Your knowledgeable, highly skilled local pilot providing interesting and informative commentary during this flight of a lifetime.
With a flight time or approx 60/70 minutes, our preferred route heads directly up the spine of the South Island for you to enjoy panoramic views of Lake Wanaka and Lake Hawea one way and arguably New Zealand's most beautiful lake, Lake Pukaki, the other.
Touching down at Aoraki/Mt. Cook Airport on the outskirts of Mt. Cook Village spend up to 3 hours on the ground to explore. Enjoy lunch at The Hermitage Hotel, check out the Sir Edmund Hillary Centre, walk the Hooker Valley Track or, in partnership with our friends at Mt. Cook Ski Planes and Helicopters by INFLITE add on the 'Tasman Experience' and land on New Zealand's largest glacier.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
Spend approximately 3 hours discovering Aoraki Mt. Cook village, enjoy lunch at The Hermitage Hotel, check out the Sir Edmund Hillary Centre, walk the Hooker Valley Track or add on a Helicopter trip to land on the Tasman glacier before boarding your return flight to Queenstown.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hooker Valley Track, Hooker Valley Road, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu) New Zealand
The Hooker Valley Track is the most popular short walking track within the Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park in New Zealand. At only 5 kilometres length and gaining only about 100 m in height, the well-formed track can be walked by tourists with a wide range of level of fitness.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people are required to confirm a flight
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Departures from Queenstown Airport and Glenorchy Airstrip
- Child/booster seats available on request, baby earmuffs also provided
- Your knowledgeable, highly skilled local pilot will provide interesting and informative commentary
- Complementary Shuttle from Central Queenstown by 11 seater van
Queenstown Airport, Otago 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
A complimentary shuttle is available to and from Queenstown.
Selected hotel pickups are listed, other central pickup points and Frankton Road bus stops are available, please include details of where you are staying in your booking and we will confirm the closest pick-up point and time to you.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Glenorchy Air Services and Tourist Co. Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.