Experience a personal adventure; sea kayaking + camping in a remote environment that epitomises what Fiordland is all about – tranquil beauty, sounds of silence, towering cliffs, waterfalls + lush rain forest. Penguins, seals + dolphins are also sometimes encountered. On arrival to Doubtful Sound, travellers change into paddling gear, pack their kayaks and are given a full safety briefing from their experienced guide. The group will spend five hours kayaking in Doubtful Sound alongside the massive glacial landscape and mountainsides. On arrival at the camp site, tents are set up by travellers and as evening falls the group enjoys the company of fellow paddlers as they prepare their meal and enjoy their surroundings before a nights sleep in the pristine native rainforest. On day 2, travellers kayak out of Hall Arm and then to Malaspina Reach and Elizabeth Island before returning early afternoon to Deep Cov. The final leg is the journey back across Wilmot Pass and Lake Manapouri.
What You'll Get
This two day adventure connects you with nature in the spectacular wilderness of Doubtful Sound. There is no TV, no phones and no internet. Just you, your small group and your kayaks.
Your itinerary is flexible and route dictated by the weather and your desire to explore. With around 5 hours of kayaking each day, you’ll get to truly appreciate the expanse and primordial beauty of the fiord. The experienced and knowledgeable guides at Go Orange will make sure you see the best of Fiordland.
As you explore the untouched wilderness of Doubtful Sound, its hidden waterways and secluded islands, look out for the locals – seals, dolphins and penguins. If you’re lucky, you might even find yourself paddling in the company of dolphins!
In the evening you’ll camp amidst the forest next to a fresh water stream in Hall Arm. Relax along the shore as the long southern twilight descends in the fiord. Bring your own food – we’ll supply hot drinks and swap stories with your fellow travellers. And as night descends, lie on the beach and spend some time star gazing.
The next morning, you’ll explore more of the fiord before heading back under sail (weather permitting) by early afternoon.
• Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Lake Manapouri, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Bring a Sleeping Bag
- Bring your own Food
- Bring a change of warm clothes
- Please visit our website for a full list of what to bring
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Includes cruise across beautiful Lake Manapouri and coach over Wilmot Pass
- Small groups – maximum of 8 people per guide
- High quality sea kayaking and camping gear (including tent to sleep in)
- Experienced kayak guides who provide helpful paddling instruction
- Full safety briefing
- Cooking equipment
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner is not included (must bring your own)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Orange in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.