This is a Doubtful Sound trip not to be missed. Whether joining us in Te Anau or from Manapouri, this one-day sea kayaking adventure is a truly unique way to experience just a taste of what this remote wilderness has to offer. A full day out with an experienced guide and small group of kayakers, visitors will explore Deep Cove, Rolla Island + over to Olphert Cove and return.From Te Anau, this wilderness experience begins with a short transfer to Manapouri to board a boat for the 30km cruise across Lake Manapouri. Travellers enjoy crossing the remote alpine route of Wilmot Pass by coach to Doubtful Sound.In a small group they will paddle amidst lush rain forest and waterfalls and look up at the towering cliffs from water level, a truly amazing sight.Penguins, seals and dolphins are sometimes encountered and bird song breaks the stillness as we paddle along the shoreline. The day involves approximately three hours kayaking in this remote Fiordland wilderness.
What You'll Get
This is a Doubtful Sound trip not to be missed. Let us pick you up from Te Anau and transfer to you Manapouri to start a one-day sea kayaking adventure like no other. This is a truly unique way to experience what this remote wilderness has to offer. A full day out with an experienced guide and small group of kayakers, visitors will explore Deep Cove, Rolla Island + over to Olphert Cove and return.
• Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age 16 years
- Bring a change of clothes, socks, footwear and rain jacket for wearing after kayaking
- Wear soft shoes or sandals (note they will get wet)
- Wear a swimsuit or underwear (for under wetsuit)
- Bring a towel, Water bottle, Sunblock, Sun hat, Sun glasses, Insect repellent
- Bring lunch - unless pre-ordered (extra cost)
- Minimum numbers apply
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Thermal Top
- Leggings and fleece top
- Wetsuit vest
- Paddle jacket and lifejacket
- Spray deck
- Dry bags
- Group safety and emergency gear
- Double kayaks / paddles
- Lunch - unless pre ordered (extra cost)
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact Go Orange directly to organise your closest pick-up point. Please be at your departure point for check in 15 minutes prior.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Orange in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.