Combining two of Queenstowns most iconic activities, this trip is second to none! Starting on the Go Orange Jet Boat, you'll get to experience those famous 360 degree spins and speed. Discover the Kawarau River and its pristine wilderness as we race you down the river to your next mode of transport. Then jump straight into a raft with the Go Orange Rafting team to complete the last section of river, where the Jet Boats fear to go. Spend your morning or afternoon paddling through the historic Kawarau gorge, famous for its gold mining, wineries and it’s stint in The Lord of the Rings franchise.
Paddle and swim your way through grade 2-3 whitewater rapids with a brand new cliff jumping section added for the adventure junkies (optional). Complete your journey by tackling the famous 400m Dog Leg rapid – the longest commercially rafted rapid in New Zealand. Then head back to Rafting Base for a hot shower.
What You'll Get
The Go Orange jet boat will race down the river to your next mode of transport, packing in those famous 360 spins and dramatic canyon walls as you discover the Kawarau River and it's pristine wilderness. After 30 mins jump straight into a raft to complete the last section of the river. Raft through grade 2-3 rapids, take in the beautiful views, choose to join in on the optional rock jumping section for added fun (1.30hr raft time)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Water confidence is essential
- Rafting while pregnant is prohibited
- Rafting with any heart condition is prohibited
- Minimum weight 40kg
- Maximum weight 120kg
- Minimum age is 13 years. Children aged between 13 and 15 years must be accompanied by a guardian
- All travellers between the age of 15 and 17 years require a waiver to be signed by a guardian if they are unaccompanied
- You must bring a swimsuit and towel
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Use of hot showers
- Wetsuit, rafting clothing and all other equipment provided
- Extensive safety instructions and paddling techniques
- Jet Boat ride to the rafting put-in point
- Entry/Admission - Kawarau River
- Snacks - Food and drinks
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Orange in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.