Let Go Orange take you on a paddle experience beyond compare, combining two of the best Milford Sound experiences in one day. Explore the sound at sea level followed by cruising the sound on board the newly renovated Milford Haven for the afternoon. Go Orange will take you deeper into the unknown on a paddle journey discovering islands, coves and dramatic landscapes. We depart the Kayak base at Deepwater Basin for your two hour paddle experience, getting you up close and personal with the towering peaks and local wildlife finishing the day cruising and exploring further out to the Tasman Sea. With an experienced guide and small group of kayakers, you'll explore the all the beauty that Milford Sound has to offer.
What You'll Get
Grab a coffee, it’s an early start. Drive the Milford Road and arrive at Kayak Base, Deepwater Basin. Meet the Go Orange team, they will get you checked in and ready for your day. Get kitted out in all your gear, thermals, spray jacket, life vest and spray skirt (all provided by Go Orange).Once you’re changed, grab a paddle and get inducted, our kayak guides will run through a full safety brief and split you into 8-person groups. Once on the water listen close as you explore the fiord with your team. After 2 hours kayaking you will head back to base and change, ready for your cruise. Drive 5 minutes down the road and park in the public car park. Take the ten-minute nature walk to the Milford Sound Terminal and check in with the team before boarding the newly refurbished Milford Haven ship. Explore the boats different levels, order from the bar, grab something to eat and relax. Take one of our exclusively brewed beers and enjoy our viewing deck. Cruise for two hours up and down the fiord, taking in those spectacular views. As you depart the boat, watch your step and take the short walk back to the car park. Drive safe & don’t forget to tag us in all your beautiful shots.
• Milford Sound, Milford Sound, Southland Region, South Island
• Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Bowen Falls, Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound 9679 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age 16 years
- Competence in water and moderate fitness required
- Minimum numbers apply
- Bring a change of clothes, socks, footwear and rain jacket for wearing after kayaking
- Wear soft shoes or sandals (note they will get wet)
- Wear a swimsuit or underwear (for under wetsuit)
- Bring a towel, Water bottle, Sunblock, Sun hat, Sun glasses, Insect repellent
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Thermal top and leggings
- Wetsuit vest, fleece top and Pogies (paddling gloves)
- Paddle jacket & Spray deck
- Life jacket (buoyancy vest)
- Dry bags (for your clothing and camera)
- Double kayaks / paddles
- Group safety and emergency gear
- 2 hour cruise on a newly renovated boat
- Milford Sound Levy is included in the price
- Lunch - unless pre ordered (extra cost)
Deepwater Basin Road, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Orange in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.