Snorkeling at Goat Island is one of the top 10 things to do in Auckland.
If you've never tried it before. Our Guided Snorkel Tour is the perfect introduction to exploring the ocean - even non-swimmers can join in the fun!
Join our team of passionate instructors for an adventure at the Goat Islands Marine Reserve!
The Guided Snorkel is a snorkel lesson and guided tour with the Goat Island Dive & Snorkel Dive Masters. The Guided Snorkel is fantastic for all experience levels, from those who are new to snorkeling and swimming. Our Dive Masters keep students safe and comfortable and will give the confidence they need to enjoy the water.
What You'll Get
You will meet at the Goat Island Dive and Snorkel Center. Here, our friendly staff will get you kitted up with a mask, snorkel, fins and a wetsuit
You will then drive in your own vehicle 3km to the Goat Island Marine Reserve. Here you will meet with your Snorkel Instructor.
The experience starts with an introduction to using the equipment and some snorkel techniques and basic learning to swim. We share the history of Goat Island and introduce you to the marine life you are likely to meet at New Zealand's first marine reserve. Before jumping in you'll receive a full, thorough safety briefing.
We'll all make our way to the water, and finalize our equipment. We will stay shallow and get used to the equipment and the strange sensation of breathing while looking underwater! Once everyone is feeling confident and comfortable we will make our way out and continue our adventure.
After the tour you will be able to use the equipment for the remainder of the day and carry on exploring!
Please allow 2.5 hours for your tour this will include getting your gear, briefings and time in the water.
• Goat Island Marine Reserve, Goat Island Road Leigh, Warkworth, Auckland New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Safety equipment
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Goat Island Dive & Snorkel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.