Add an extra element to your e-bike exploration of Wanaka's Millennium track: water! Ride one of our Bosch-powered electric mountain bikes above the shore of Lake Wanaka, dipping down to the water along the way. A fabulous 25 minute boat ride with the Wanaka Water Taxi starts or finishes finish your ride depending on your chosen tour option, skimming you across the crystal waters of Lake Wanaka for a truly memorable e-bike outing.
• Fabulous views riding above the shores of Lake Wanaka
• Stop at wild beaches along the way for picnic and photo opportunities aplenty
• Take in views to Mt Aspiring from the lake and track
• Self guided riding – do the ride your way with friends!
• Enjoy a stunning trip across the lake to start or finish your trip
What You'll Get
Choose to start your trip with a ride and take the Water Taxi home, or start with a boat ride, returning along the track at your leisure.
If your trip starts by bike – you will collect your e-bikes from Good Rotations shop from 9.30am, where we will explain the function of the Bosch e-bike system (don't worry, it's super simple!) and get you fitted to your bikes, while providing helmets and maps fro your ride. Grab a coffee at the Good Spot caravan next door or roll into Wanaka township to pick up the Millennium Track.
The trail begins with an easy cruise around the Wanaka township shoreline at Roy's Bay, passing #thatwanakatree and Rippon Winery, before the trail starts to climb and roll above the dramatic lakeshore, dipping down to wild beaches along the way to Glendhu Bay.
You'll have time for a dip and plenty of photo stops before picking up your water taxi at the Glendhu Bay Campground – time to enjoy a relaxing and picture-perfect trip back to Wanaka Marina by boat at 1.30pm. Feel free to keep your bikes longer if you want to ride some more, or cruise back to us at the shop to finish your trip.
If your trip starts by boat – you will collect your e-bikes from Good Rotations shop from 12pm, where we will explain the function of the Bosch e-bike system (don't worry, it's super simple!) and get you fitted to your bikes, while providing helmets and maps for your ride. Grab a pre-ride snack at the Good Spot caravan next door or roll down to Wanaka marina for your Water Taxi ride to Glendhu Bay. Your boat leaves promptly at 1pm – don't be late!
Enjoy your relaxing and picture-perfect trip across the lake to Glendhu Bay (approx 25 minutes), where you will unload your bikes ready for a fun ride home along the Millennium Track. The trail climbs and rolls above the dramatic lakeshore, dipping down to wild beaches along the way. You'll have time for a dip and plenty of photo opportunities.
You finally reach Wanaka township shoreline at Roy's Bay, after passing Rippon Winery #thatwanakatree.
Feel free to keep your bikes longer if you want to ride some more, or cruise back to us at the shop to finish your trip by 5.30pm
• Approx 14kms of moderate riding
• Biking time 2-4 hours
• Power boat assisted - 25 minute ride back to your start point
• Exact route may vary due to weather conditions
• This package is suitable for our e-MTB bikes only (included in price)
• Easy parking at Good Rotations shop
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If the boat taxi is canceled due to poor weather (very rare), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Quality Bosch powered electric mountain bike fully charged for your outing
- Toolkit and spare tube
- Water Taxi ride to start or finish your outing
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Good Rotations in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.