Experience a boutique nature tour to Tawharanui discovering some of New Zealand’s unique and rare wildlife including the kiwi; walk through native forests, enjoy stunning scenery and coastlines with experienced nature guides. (Note, we see kiwi on 80% of our tours).Visit the best spots for getting that great photo and the out-of-the way places to enjoy the great outdoors. Our day/night tour includes a gourmet picnic dinner – delicious food is a must when out enjoying this beautiful destination.Your tour includes transportation to and from Auckland central city.Tours are small and intimate taking a maximum of 7 on any one tour; we believe the best way to experience the natural side of Auckland is in small groups.Please note that a reasonable level of fitness is required.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parry Kauri Park, Turdor Collins Drive, Warkworth, Auckland New Zealand
Native bush and the New Zealand kauri tree (800 years old)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tawharanui Regional Park, Takatu Rd, Warkworth, Auckland New Zealand
New Zealand's flora and fauna.
Many of the nations rare birds including the nocturnal bird the kwi, owl and night critters.
A guided day time walk to enjoy the coastal forest and beaches for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
Free time to explore.
Picnic dinner will enjoying the views on the coast as the sun sets.
Guided night-time walk approximately 1 hour 30 minutes for the nocturnal wildlife and enjoy the amazing clear night sky well away from any city light pollution.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 7 years - infant seats are not provided
- A minimum of two must be booked for a tour to be confirmed
- A reasonable level of fitness is needed - walking is on well maintained tracks with slight inclines. Night-time walking is with red lights, conditions can be wet and slippery with some exposed tree roots.
- Clothing should be suitable for being out in nature with warm layers and a rain jacket.
- Comfortable walking shoes required
- Bring personal medication.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Don't forget your camera!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Guided tour
- Picnic dinner
- Refreshments - tea and coffee
- Bottled water
- Reference books
- Insect Repellent
- Hotel pick up (CBD)
- Hotel drop off (CBD)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Pick up not available outside of the Auckland CBD.
8 to 10 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Habitat Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.