Over 24 unforgettable days you will experience it all: secluded beaches, jaw dropping scenery, Maori culture, mountainous ranges, lush rain forests and more adventure activities than you could ever wish for. As with all our tours, we do include a few ‘must-do’ events, ranging from a Maori Cultural night to a Queenstown gondola ride, and even a ‘Tiki’ pendant carving experience. You will see a massive range of optional activities available to add, from bungy jumping and dolphin swimming to jet boating and scenic flights. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want.The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4-6 share) but if you would prefer a little extra space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour.
What You'll Get
Tour starts 8.00am at Haka Hotel Newmarket, 9 Manukau Rd, Newmarket Auckland
Day 1 Auckland to Paihia - Begin your adventure with perfect beaches, ancient forests and more
Day 2 Paihia - Soak up the sun in Paihia and the Bay of Islands
Day 3 Paihia to Auckland - Visit the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds and explore the surrounding region
Day 4 Auckland to Coromandel - Take in the oh so perfect coastal views on an epic scenic drive to the Coromandel.
Day 5 Coromandel to Waitomo - Explore majestic Cathedral Cove, dig your own hot tub before heading to Waitomo.
Day 6 Waitomo to Rotorua - Discover underground caves illuminated by thousands of glowworms and journey to Rotorua.
Day 7 Rotorua - A full day in Rotorua with options galore
Day 8 Rotorua to Taupo - A free morning in Rotorua and a short drive to Taupo..
Day 9 Taupo - Explore the Taupo region, home of Australasia’s largest lake and the world-famous Tongariro Crossing
Day 10 Taupo to Wellington - After road-tripping past Mordor and Mt Doom we hit New Zealand’s “cool little capital”, Wellington.
Day 11 Wellington to Kaikoura - Sail to the South Island and discover the stunning Kaikoura coast.
Day 12 Kaikoura to Christchurch - A paradise for marine wildlife, Kaikoura is home to playful dolphins and beautiful whales
Day 13 Christchurch to Lake Tekapo - Explore downtown Christchurch before heading to the striking lakes and mountains of Tekapo.
Day 14 Lake Tekapo to Queenstown - A stunning drive through mountain landscapes to the jewel of the South Island: Queenstown
Day 15 Queenstown - Indulge your inner adrenaline junkie in Queenstown.
Day 16 Queenstown to Wanaka - Cross the mountains from Queenstown into wondrous Wanaka.
Day 17 Wanaka to Franz Josef - Our favourite scenic New Zealand drive from the Southern Alps to the West Coast.
Day 18 Franz Josef - Take in the stunning Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 19 Franz Josef to Punakaiki - Road trip up the South Island’s wild West Coast
Day 20 Punakaiki - Hear the roars of the crashing waves on the Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki.
Day 21 Punakaiki to Abel Tasman - Journey to the top of New Zealand’s South Island; in summer we sleep on a unique floating backpackers.
Day 22 Abel Tasman - Prepare to fall in love with Abel Tasman National Park.
Day 23 Abel Tasman to Wellington - Discover azure skies and wide open spaces around our sunniest location - Nelson.
Day 24 Wellington to Auckland - Journey back up to Auckland.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Transport, breakfast and accommodation ( max 6 share, upgrades available)
- Passionate Kiwi guide
- Maori Cultural experience in the Coromandel and Rotorua
- Traditional Maori ‘Hangi’ (food cooked using heated rocks and buried in an underground oven)
- Explore an extraordinary geyserland, with candy coloured water at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Sail between the North and South islands across the iconic Cook Strait
- Stay for two nights deep in the rain forest on the South Island's west coast
- Learn to carve your own ‘Tiki’ pendant from bone
- Gondola ride in Queenstown to see panoramic views of the "Adventure Capital of the World"
- Spend time in the stunning Abel Tasman National Park, with an overnight boat trip (summer only)
- Small Groups - max 16 - Click here to find out why a small group tour makes for a far better experience.
- Guided tour of every location. We show you places you would miss when travelling on a bus pass
- Plus many surprise stops on the way
- Optional Activities
- Dinner (except on the first night)
Haka Hotel Newmarket
9 Manukau Road, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand 1023
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Haka Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.