Depart from Invercargill at 8.30am or Bluff at 9.15am and spend the day with one of our experienced Driver/Guides exploring the beautiful Catlins. Partake in short walks through Native New Zealand forest and along sandy beaches for the chance to view waterfalls and Native New Zealand wildlife, such as Sea Lions and Yellow Eyed penguins if they are about.
We also make various stops throughout the day for photo opportunities at scenic view points so be sure to remember your camera!
Finish your day in Dunedin. The Edinburgh of the south!
What You'll Get
Meet one of our experienced driver guides at your selected pick up location on Invercargill for an 8.30am Departure or Bluff for a 9.15am Departure.
If you have opted to include Stewart Island: We will drop you off at the Bluff ferry terminal so that you can catch the 9.45am ferry from Bluff to Stewart Island (included). You will then spend at least 1 night on Stewart Island (more during winter. Accommodation not included) and get on the 8am ferry back to Bluff the next day (included) where we will pick you up to carry on through The Catlins.
Spend the day exploring Waipapa Point, where you may be able to spot some New Zealand Sea Lions, Porpoise Bay, where Dolphins sometimes hang out, The petrified forest at Curio Bay, One (sometimes more) of the many waterfalls through out The Catlins and of course the short walk to the iconic Nugget Point Light House before stopping at Roaring bay to see if we can spot some Yellow Eyed Penguins (Hoiho). We also make short stops at various view points through out the day for photo opportunities.
Your day will finish in Dunedin between 6pm and 7pm depending on the time of year.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If taking Stewart Island option, please make sure to let the reservations team know where and how long you plan to stay
- The buses have up to 24 seats for passengers
- If bringing an infant, please provide your own booster seat
- The bus has both heating and air conditioning, but no Wi-Fi
- The bus does not have a toilet, but frequent bathroom stops are made
- Ensure that your wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a shower/wind proof jacket
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Transport from Invercargill to Dunedin
- Photo stop at Bluff’s Signpost
- Ferry fare to Stewart Island (St Island Catlins Spectacular option)
- Stops at Curio Bay, Catlins Rain Forest, Cannibal Bay and or Nugget Point
- Bush walk to Waterfalls
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Beach Road Holiday Park at 8.15am
Tuatara Backpackers at 8.30am
Invercargill Information Centre at 8.30-8.45am
Centrally located accommodation Pick ups 8.30am-8.30am (Please advise where you are staying)
Bluff at 9.15am
On Top Backpackers
12 Filleul Street, Dunedin, 9016
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Headfirst Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.