You can design your own ideal day with a full-day or half-day tour to Rotorua attractions and Hobbiton.
Experience the must-see half day geothermal wonders of Rotorua at the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland.
This convenient tour is fully customisable.
All Tours also include a stop to see the Lady Knox Geyser Erupt before heading into Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland to enjoy a self guided walk around, exploring all the unique lakes, pools, craters and walkways that the park has to offer as you go.
Your options include half or full-day tours to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. You can add on a number of other interesting natural and cultural attractions, choose from Waimangu - The youngest volcanic valley in the world, Hobbiton movie set, or Whakarewarewa Living Maori Village Tour in the afternoon. (A Maori cultural village) or Huka Falls in the afternoon. Make the most of your time in the Rotorua area by mixing and matching the best options for you.
What You'll Get
Wai-O-Tapu (if chosen)
Enjoy watching The Lady Knox Geyser erupting
Entry to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland (90 minutes)
Spend the morning in Waiotapu Geothermal Wonderland. Watch the impressive eruption of Lady Knox Geyser and explore all the unique lakes, pools and craters the park has to offer.
• Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you want to be picked up from a centrally located Rotorua accommodation at 8:45am please call us with your Viator voucher number so we can arrange that for you.
- Ensure you bring sensible walking shoes and warm jacket
- Option to Add on a number of optional attractions - including Waimangu, Hobbiton and Whakarewarea
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Flexibility to stay longer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry to Wai-O-Tapu
- Food and drinks
Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Headfirst Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.