Experience the untouched paradise of Fiordland as we fly deep into the world-renowned national park. Enjoy breathtaking views across Lake Erskine before flying over the Milford Track to New Zealand's tallest waterfall, the towering Sutherland Falls. Fly down Milford Sound and lose yourself in its ancient forests before landing on a remote West Coast beach to breathe in the fresh sea air. Taking off towards Glenorchy, you will fly over Mount Tutoko, the highest peak in Fiordland National Park, to land on the Humboldt Mountain range with panoramic views across Glenorchy and beyond.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fiordland National Park, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
Heli Glenorchy are family-owned and operated helicopter company providing scenic flight experiences.
Located at the Glenorchy Airstrip on the doorstep of the Southern Alps, Mount Aspiring and Fiordland National Parks, your journey will begin a 45-minute drive from Queenstown along the breathtaking shores of Lake Wakatipu - named as “one of the most beautiful drives in the New Zealand”. You can take advantage of our complimentary shuttle or take a more leisurely self-drive.
With a genuine connection to area, there’s nothing better than taking to the skies to see this beautiful part of the world with a trusted local pilot, guide and storyteller. We will fly you from peaceful little Glenorchy, and within 15 minutes you’ll be soaring high above the Humboldt Mountain range and one the Great Walks - Routeburn Track. Flying deeper into the Fiordland National Park, you’ll fly past breathtaking glaciers, alpine lakes towards the famous Sutherland Falls. Once landed have your camera ready to capture one of the cheeky keas that often visit. Take in that feeling of ‘being in the moment’ as you marvel the pure backcountry beauty with not a soul in sight.
Taking off you’ll fly over sections of another Great Walk – Milford Track before you come into land at Milford Sound – don’t forget to marvel at the cascading waterfalls. Upon landing your pilot will guide you a short 20-minute bush walk through native forest toward the towering Mitre Peak to get a bucket list photo. Keep your camera handy as you fly pass cascading waterfalls, over alpine lakes and glaciers. Before returning to Glenorchy you’ll touchdown for a snow landing taking in some of New Zealand's unparalleled remote beauty.
For a unique helicopter experience that will become the most memorable part of your New Zealand trip…come explore with Heli Glenorchy.
We cannot wait to see you here in beautiful Glenorchy
Duration: 40 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child prices aged 4-11. Child prices are calculated at 70% of the adult fare. Infants fly free
- Flights require a minimum of 3 people. Heli Glenorchy reserves the right to up-grade passengers or merge flights for operational reasons or flight management purposes if required
- All flights are weather dependent. Please call us on one hour prior to your flight time for the final weather check.
- Should an excursion want to be confirm with 2 passengers the price for this would be $1,825.00
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Complimentary transport from central Queenstown to Glenorchy and back
- Landing and facility fees
- Short walk at Milford Sound
- West Coach Beach landing
- Snow Landing
35 Mull St, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary transport from Central Queenstown, the bus stop outside Real Journey office (88 Beach Street)
Glenorchy Airport, Glenorchy-Queenstown Rd, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Heli Glenorchy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.