Discover Middle Earth on our flagship flight as we soar over a remote high-country station towards towering Mt Earnslaw. Experience a close-range flyover of the breathtaking "hanging" Earnslaw Glacier before touching down on the Upper Humboldt Mountains for a snow landing and breathtaking panoramic views of the Dart River and Lake Wakatipu.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Earnslaw Burn, Otago, New Zealand
Heli Glenorchy are family-owned and operated helicopter company providing scenic flight experiences.
Located at the Glenorchy Airstrip on the doorstep of the Southern Alps, Mount Aspiring and Fiordland National Parks, your journey will begin a 45-minute drive from Queenstown along the breathtaking shores of Lake Wakatipu - named as “one of the most beautiful drives in the New Zealand”. You can take advantage of our complimentary shuttle or take a more leisurely self-drive.
With a genuine connection to area, there’s nothing better than taking to the skies to see this beautiful part of the world with a trusted local pilot, guide and storyteller. We will fly you from peaceful little Glenorchy, and within 15 minutes you’ll be discovering Middle Earth as your soar high above the remote high-country Rees Valley Station. Capture the multiple waterfalls and deep blue crevasses as you hover beside the famous ‘hanging glacier’ of Mount Earnslaw.
For a unique helicopter experience that will become the most memorable part of your New Zealand trip…come explore with Heli Glenorchy.
We cannot wait to see you here in beautiful Glenorchy.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child prices aged 4-11. Child prices are calculated at 70% of the adult fare. Infants fly free
- Flights require a minimum of 2 people. Heli Glenorchy reserves the right to up-grade passengers or merge flights for operational reasons or flight management purposes if required
- All flights are weather dependent. Please call us one hour prior to your flight time for the final weather check.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Complimentary transport from central Queenstown to Glenorchy and return on request
- Landing and facility fees
- Snow landing
Glenorchy Airport, Glenorchy-Queenstown Rd, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Heli Glenorchy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.