Begin your Alpine Adventure with a scenic drive into historic Skippers Canyon followed by an adrenalin fuelled jet boat ride through the dramatic canyons of the Shotover River. Soak up the stunning surrounds and old gold mines before being whisked off by helicopter to a mountain top location where the land meets the sky. You will experience alpine vistas that will take your breath away before landing in Glenorchy, the ‘Gateway to Paradise’, and continuing back to Queenstown on one of the most scenic drives in the world.The Trip includes: - A guided tour into Skippers Canyon with Skippers Canyon Jet- An adrenaline pumping 25 minute Jet Boat ride- 25 minute scenic helicopter flight with Heli Glenorchy- A mountain top landing high in the Southern Alps- Time to relax in Glenorchy- Return transport to Queenstown- Bus driver commentary- Lord of the Rings locations- Gold mining history- Spectacular scenery- Both the Skippers and Glenorchy Roads
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skippers Road, Skippers Rd, Skippers 9371, New Zealand
Begin your Ultimate Alpine Adventure with a guided drive into the historic Skippers Canyon with on board commentary from our knowledgeable drivers. You will be escorted into a land rich in gold mining history and stunning scenery via the infamous Skippers Canyon Road which was carved out of the vertical rock face by miners over 120yrs ago. Getting there is half the adventure!
Once on the boat you will feel your adrenalin surge as you power deeper into Skippers Canyon through the narrowest canyons on the Shotover River. Our highly skilled jet boat drivers manoeuvre the boat just inches from the sheer canyon walls and keep the excitement levels high with speeds in excess of 80kmh and a series of full 360 degree spins.
Continue feeling like James Bond as you await your helicopter. Lifting off you will soar high above the Shotover River and the pure backcountry of the region. Before landing in Glenorchy you’ll touchdown for an alpine landing (snow landing in Winter) on Rees Valley Station taking in some of New Zealand's unparalleled remote beauty with panoramic views towards Mount Earnslaw.
Your journey back to Queenstown will be a 45-minute drive along the breathtaking shores of Lake Wakatipu - named as “one of the most beautiful drives in the New Zealand”.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child prices aged 4-11. Child prices are calculated at 70% of the adult fare.
- Flights require a minimum of 4 people. Heli Glenorchy reserves the right to up-grade passengers or merge flights for operational reasons or flight management purposes if required
- All flights are weather dependent. Where appropriate Heli Glenorchy will offer alternative option
- Please advise if you have any medical conditions, back problems or are pregnant.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- A guided tour into Skippers Canyon with Skippers Canyon Jet
- Jet Boat ride
- Scenic helicopter flight with Heli Glenorchy
- A mountain top landing high in Southern Alps
- Return transport to Queenstown
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Heli Glenorchy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.