Take a scenic flight from Glenorchy to join your guide for a gentle 11km walk to the Giant Gate Falls on the Milford Track, a world famous "Great Walk". Return to Glenorchy via helicopter giving you the chance to see the incredible scenery of the Fiordland National Park from the air before a snow landing with breathtaking panoramic views of Dart River and Lake Wakatipu.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Milford Track, Glade Wharf, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Heli Glenorchy are family-owned and operated helicopter company providing scenic flight experiences.
Located at the Glenorchy Airstrip on the doorstep of the Southern Alps, Mount Aspiring and Fiordland National Parks, your journey will begin a 45-minute drive from Queenstown along the breathtaking shores of Lake Wakatipu - named as “one of the most beautiful drives in the New Zealand”. You can take advantage of our complimentary shuttle or take a more leisurely self-drive.
With a genuine connection to area, there’s nothing better than taking to the skies to see this beautiful part of the world with a trusted local pilot, guide and storyteller. We will fly you from peaceful little Glenorchy, and within 15 minutes you’ll be soaring high above the Dart River and one the Great Walks - Routeburn Track. Flying deeper into the Fiordland National Park, you’ll fly past breathtaking glaciers and alpine lakes. Marvel at towering Mitre Peak as you come into land at Milford Sound. Upon landing your guide from Trips & Tramps will greet you.
Begin with a short boat ride to Sandfly Point. The guided walk meanders alongside the cascading Arthur River through lush rainforest to Giant Gate. This spectacular waterfall is best viewed from the large swing bridge spanning the river. Walking at an easy going pace in a small group, your knowledgeable, friendly Trips & Tramps nature guide will point out the native plants and birds inhabiting this lush environment, and share the track’s stories, bringing the history of the area to life. Your guide will escort you back to the airport to meet your pilot.
Departing Milford Sound keep your camera handy as you fly pass cascading waterfalls, over the highest snow-capped peak in the Fiordland National Park and backcountry rivers. Before returning to Glenorchy you’ll touchdown for a snow landing taking in some of New Zealand's unparalleled remote beauty.
For a unique helicopter experience that will become the most memorable part of your New Zealand trip…come explore with Heli Glenorchy.
We cannot wait to see you here in beautiful Glenorchy.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child prices aged 4-11. Child prices are calculated at 70% of the adult fare. Infants fly free
- Flights require a minimum of 3 people. Heli Glenorchy reserves the right to up-grade passengers or merge flights for operational reasons or flight management purposes if required
- All flights are weather dependent. Please call us one hour prior to your flight time for the final weather check.
- Should an excursion want to be confirm with 2 passengers the price for this would be $1,670.00
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hiking Guide
- Boat Ride
- Landing and facility fees
- Snow landing
35 Mull St, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Glenorchy Airport, Glenorchy-Queenstown Rd, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Heli Glenorchy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.